- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The flash drive may need to be formatted. I hope this helps. Go to PC settings and look for your usb port which shows your flash drive and right click your mouse or touch pad and click format. Thank you and have an enjoyable day. Leave feedback.
Solutionto determinethe cause ofdamage: 1.Ifyouhave a USB mouse, use themouse tocheck thedamage tothe USBport.Example:connect themouseto theUSB 1,USB 2,USB3 orUSB4.IfeveryUSB port,mouseis detected, the conclusionnormal USBport 2.To check yourcomputer's drivers, right-clickMy Computer-Properties- Hardware-DeviceManager
3.Ifpoints1 and 2 arenormal,the possibility offlashdrivedamaged. Because thenewflashdrive,flashdriveis most likelynormal.Based on experience,causedamage tothe flashdrive is aUSBport isdirty.The USB portis dirty,cancauseshort-circuitflash drive.The characteristics ofshort-circuitflashdrive.Wheninsertedintoa USBflash drive(about 5seconds),the temperature ofthe flash drivebecomeextremelyhot.Ifthere are problemslikethis,immediatelyunplug theflashdrive,topreventpermanent damage.
To test the functionality of the usb ports in front of the computer
1. Insert another flash drive or another usb device like a usb mouse on front the computer
2. If it detect the usb device that means 2 things flash drive might be bad and the front usb port is working
3. If it does not, It means that the flash drive might be bad or the usb port is not connected to the front panel of the computer
4. Try also inserting the flash drive at the back of the computer see if the usb drive is detected in all ports
5. Check the BIOS for any usb port associativity
try to insert another usb drive on the port.it the usb works then probably the bluetooth transmitter is faulty. If the USB drive also does not work... then probably the USB port of the computer damaged.
this problem seems mostly with the usb mouse, the best solution is to plug the flash drive in one port and usb in other and restart the computer generally this always works but if it wont work then the best thing is i also did that, buy a 4-port usb hub and connect it with laptop and connect your usb mouse with this port not directly to your laptop and when you like to use your flash drive plug it in the laptop. this is working with be perfectly and i hope it will do the same at your side.
I think you might have a loose cononection for the data ports. Try putting a little bit of force on the usb device. Up, down left right. NOT ALOT. If it starts working when force is used, i tihnk you should try to take it apart and resolder the connections. If it dosen't work, uninstalling the driver and installing.