I have an ipod touch and i have a password on it. i totally forgot the password i have tried so many but it just won´t work. i know that if you connect the ipod to your computer that it should just be normal again. but my problem is that the computer i was using my ipod with is not working anymore. if i connect the ipod touch to another computer it always says that i need to put the password in the ipod in order for the computer to be able to read the ipod touch. what can i do to unlock the password?
please help me i´m really desperate!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connect your iPod Touch to iTunePress and Hold the power and home keys for 10 seconds.Screen goes black, now release the power button. Make sure you do not release the Home key until your iTunes says "We have detected an itouch in recovery mode. Now just follow the directions. This will erase/factory restore the iPod.Restore all your songs/apps in your iTunes account. Just remember this will totally wipe the iPod but make it functional again!!
If your iPod touch is password locked, the only way to get past it is to force the unit into restore mode by doing the following:
1. Plug the iPod touch in to your computer.
2. Hold the sleep/wake button and the menu button down at the same time. Keep them both pressed until you see the 'restore' screen (an iPod cable and an iTunes disc symbol) on the iPod touch. Release the buttons.
3. iTunes should now display the iPod touch, along with a message that the iPod touch is in recovery mode. Click the RESTORE button in iTunes to restore the iPod touch.
Please note that doing this will erase the contents of the iPod touch -- that's how the system is designed to work: a passcode lock is meant to protect the data on the iPod.
plug it into your computer and through itunes on
your original computer you will be able to reset
it. If it is not the original computer that you are using you will
be able to reset it but will probably lose the information on it.
1. Plug the iPod into the primary computer linked to that iPod, the first computer you synchronized it with unless you have designated another computer as the primary computer. 2. Open iTunes and sync the iPod as normal. 3. Remove the iPod, following the normal removal procedure. The iPod unlocks automatically as you remove it. this should unlock it if that don't work the try the restore option from itunes it will reset it to factory settings
Connect iPod touch to the computer you normally sync with.
In iTunes, select iPod touch in the sidebar and click the Summary tab.
Click Restore to reinstall the iPod touch software, restore its default settings, and delete data stored on iPod touch. In iTunes, you can also restore from a backup without deleting data stored on iPod touch.