Before completely wiping my HD, I copied all the drivers (I believe) to be reinstalled later. Now, however, I don't seem to know what I'm doing when I attempt to reinstall them as it hasn't worked since. Laptop doesn't even recognize battery power mode (must now be on AC always), video driver doesn't install, and more. Anyone able to help?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The hardware specs for this machine will not handle anything later than Windows XP. I would recommend doing a clean installation of XP or even might try a free operating system like Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/). Just have to download the iso and get it burned to a disc. All in all, I would recommend a machine with better specs to provide an all around better working computer. Hope this helps.
How to reinstall Windows XP operating system or installing fresh copy of Windows XP on your computer.
If your Windows XP operating system had problem due to corrupted files, viruses problem or you want to upgrade your system. This procedure will guide you in reinstalling your current Windows XP or installing fresh copy.
After this installing process, you need all your hardware drivers like Chipset Intel driver, LAN driver, Sound driver, WAN driver, Webcam driver and others for the computer to be fully operational. Otherwise, do not proceed on reinstalling you operating system if your do not have those hardware drivers.
CDROM drive is required for installing Windows XP. If you don't have in your notebook computer, use external CDROM drive to connect in your computer using a USB cable.
1. To start with, you need to back up your in blank CD all your important files before you begin installation produre because all the data will be wipe out.
2. When ready, start your computer and when booting press F2 to BIOS setting.
3. On BIOS menu, choose the BOOT setting and change the priority boot to CDROM, exit and save.
In some laptops, you can skip this BIOS setting process by repeatedly pressing F9 key or F10key when booting your computer and it will run boot priority on CD.
4. Once you exit from BIOS, you computer will reboot and a message will appear " Press any key to boot from CD", press any key to enter into WINDOWS XP SET UP.
5. Belows instruction messages will appear:
* To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER * To repair Windows XP installation using recovery console, press R * To quit set up without installing Windows XP, press F3
Press ENTER to initiate the installation.
6. You will go to Windows XP license agreement and press F8 to agree.
7. You will ask you if you want to REPAIR or REINSTALL the operating system. It will appear like this. Just press ESC to proceed.
A. To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R. B. To continue installing fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press ESC.
From repairing your operating system, it will not removed all your files and other software installed in your computer including your hardware drivers installed. Just fixing the operating system.
For reinstalling the operating system, you need to back up all you files because it will wipe out all you datas in your computer.
8. After that, it ask you where partition you want to install the operating system. The message will display like this :
C : Partition1 [NTFS] D : Partition2 [NTFS] Unpartitioned Space
Use the directional key to navigate and choose C: Partition1 if you want reinstalling Windows XP and press enter.
If you want clean copy of Windows XP, you need to delete both partition by pressing L and install clean copy at Unpartitioned space. By these procedure, you will have C: drive only. D: Drive is delete.
9. After choosing the desire partition. this will appear :
* Format the partition using NTFS files system * Format the partition using the NFTS file
I suggest to choose the first line which is the quick format. The 2nd line take too much time to install the operating system. Press to initiate the installation and it will be finish and reboot automatically. PART OF WINDOWS INSTALLATION IS FINISHED.
If you had interrupted installation which is asking for certain driver file, your CD installer maybe damage which cause files to be unreadable. Try to replace the new Windows XP installer CD to proceed and until finished installing OS.
10. Once it reboots, this time do not boot from CD or do not press any key to go to PART2 OF WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION PROCESS.
11. On the opening, regional and laguage option will appear, jus click next.
12. The it will ask to type your name & organization. Put you name and company if any and click next
13. Then, it will ask for CD key and type the 25 character CD key and click next
14. Then it will ask for computer name. You can change or leave it and click next.
15. Then, set your date and time zone and click next.
16. Then, it will ask you for workgroup and computer domain, just leave it and click next.
17. Now wait until the installation process end and it will again restart automatically.
18. Again, do not boot from CD and display setting will appear. Just click OK.
19. welcom to Microsoft Windows screen will appear. Just click next.
20. Helps protect your PC will appear and choose Turn on Automatic Updates ( Only if you install genuine Windows XP). Otherwise, I suggest to choose "Not right not" if you are installing copy only of Windows XP.
21. Who will use this computer message will appear. Just type your name on the first box and click next.
Also for your reference, here is the video for your convenient .
A thank you message will appear, Just click next and it is finished.
I hope it helps you and thank you for using FixYa !
For repairing the operating system here is the blog as other want it.
As per others demand, here is the video for Windows 7 and Windows Vista Operating system
Microsoft has stopped providing XP for download. However, you can use third party shared links for download. Use any of the following links from the search result and download the ISO file. Later burn it in to a disc using any burning softwares like NERO or ROXIO. Henceforth, use the disc to perform a clean install of XP.
Search Links:- Click on any of 4shared links click on download, select free download wait for 20 sec and done(use IE)
One of the links should serve the purpose. Hope that helps :)
there is no need to install drivers , for wireless use the 10 digit number key from the bottom of the modem (inside a bracket ) , for configuration , you can do it manually in a hard wired computer by using IE and typing 192.168.1.254 or 10.0.0.1 on address box .
Reinstall windows is one to the wipe out process. Once you have reinstall the windows all date stored is your laptop is lost. You need to delete the drive D during installing process. Wipe out is not totally cleaned your laptop reinstalling windows provide a new copy of operating.
You need to repair your system But if you havn't the CD Below is the step But make sure you close any unnecessary software and applications that run in the system tray like Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Instant messenger and others, before using winnt32. This should speed up the whole process.
Understand that after a while your computer will start to slow down, freeze and sometimes not even shut down correctly. These symptoms are perfectly normal for Microsoft Windows operating systems that require a clean, fresh start. But sometimes manufacturers do not include a copy of the operating system on a disk to save you money when purchasing your computer and ultimately save them money too.Access the copy of the operating system on the hard drive. If manufacturers do not supply a Windows XP CD with the purchase of your new computer, they have most definitely stored a copy in your hard drive for later use. You can easily access this copy of the CD on your hard drive to completely reinstall or format partitions on your computer.
Back up your personal data including photos, pictures, documents, favorites, passwords and settings to CD/DVD/USB.
Make sure you have your Windows product key/serial number. This could be located on the computer itself, or in the original packaging it was supplied with. If you do not have one, look in the registry or contact your manufacturer immediately for more support regarding the issue. Click on My Computer then C: then i386. This is the a part where a lot of people get confused. They realize that a copy of their Windows XP CD is here, but they look for the wrong files. Most people will try to find a file named "Setup", "Install", or "Windows". The file you are looking for is called "winnt32.exe".
Open this application and proceed with the instructions given. It will lead you through 5 simple phases that will wipe out your computer and reinstall the operating system. Get your product key ready to enter it. Make sure you agree with the terms that should be provided when using the winnt32.exe application.
If you are using any operating system below Windows 2000 or Me, try looking for the winnt.exe application as the winnt32.exe application may not be availible for your version of the Windows OS in the I386 folder. Winnt.exe uses a command driven interface, and therefore requires simple commands to use to reinstall Windows or format partitions. You can find these simple commands here
All drivers will be wiped clean. That includes graphic cards, audio drivers, wireless drivers, etc. Make sure your manufacturers has supplied you with the correct softwares to reinstall the drivers that will be lost on reinstallation of the OS. Do not forget to back up all of your data with a system restore tool, or else everything will be lost. This means all software and programs currently installed on the computer. Remember Microsoft will not take any responsibility for anything that may go wrong and cause damage to your computer system.
If the I386 folder or Winnt32.exe/Winnt.exe application does not exist, or you cannot find it, use the Search feature to help you (Start>Search). If it does not yield any results, a copy of the CD may not have been stored on your hard drive. Contact your manufacturer for more support.