Question about Lands Phones
Got the phone a few days back, and it provides a great user experience. However we noted a few bugs, which are detailed below. I would appreciate it if other owners of KP500 try this, and let us know if you also face the same bugs.
I used the calendar widget to enter some appointments and birthdays. However when trying to access a date from the widget calendar to see the appointments, the phone reboots. It shows the LG logo and comes back to main screen.
Bugs 2: Calendar entries:
1 .when I save any appointment either as an anniversary or birthday and set the repeat as annual, it puts around 14 days of additional entries for the same appointment in all the subsequent months - 14 in Jan, 14 in Feb and so on.
2. I then changed the repeat to once and saved it, but that caused the whole appointment to be deleted from the calendar
3. I saved an appointment as repeating weekly and it saved just fine. However if you give an expiration date for the recurring appointment, then the whole appoitnment is deleted from the calendar
Bug 3: Alarm
I have saved a second alarm on my phone. However when the 2nd alarm rings, it shows the name/text from the 1st alarm, which reads Morning Alarm
Bug 4: Syncing with Outlook
I tried to use the sync tools to upload my contact list. I tried to upload from Outlook 2000 on my home computer, and Outlook 2003 in my laptop. It does not work with either. It starts to sync, reads all the contacts in Outlook (around 293 contacts), and then disconnects connection to the phone and provides a message that 'Synchronisation failed', but does not provide any comments/feedback about why it failed
We are still checking out all the features and will post more bugs as we find it. I am however keen to know if anyone else is facing the same problems
I wouldnt recomend this phone at all! Have had it 4 months now and had so many probs including:
1. Sometimes the alarm comes up but doesnt make a sound or vibrate so obviously i sleep right through it
2. It will randomly turn itself off
3. At least once a day when someone texts me ill get the same text two or three times. I'd blame their phones but its not just one person!
4. It randomly was diverting all my calls at one point although id never set it to do that.
5. The sensors dont work right. WHen you go on the internet if you turn the phone to one side the screen also turns. Ill be holding mine the right way up but the screen will still turn, it needs a lot of shaking to correct itself.
6. I cant move anything about on my screen. I had a few speed dials up but got sick of accidentally ringing them, they wont move anywhere on my screen so i cant put them away. However it lets me drag other speed dials onto the screen (but not back again so my screen is packed with speed dial boxes!)
Do not buy this phone!!
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2011 | Lands Phones
Jun 07, 2010 | Lands Phones
Feb 08, 2010 | Lands Phones
Dec 29, 2009 | Lands Phones
Oct 05, 2009 | Lands Phones
Jul 19, 2009 | Lands Phones
May 08, 2009 | Lands Phones
2,870 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: