Question about Panasonic NN-S954WF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

When I press the start button it smells like it is burning

It smells like it is electrical burning , the part inside that smells is the part that looks like a coil.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 338 Answers

If the is a convection model then the covection coill will smell that way if there is a geese build up and should be ok to use. however you should only smell that if you are using the convection mode.

Posted on Nov 27, 2008

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My 1000 watt microwave gave off electrical burning smell then stopped working


check inside after removing power... look for melted plastic or burn spot inside.. bad fuse or wire connector.. replace as needed

Apr 09, 2014 | Hamilton Beach Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Whirlpool over microwave combo has burning smell in microwave


Probably fragments of food burning on the waveguide cover.

Jul 31, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Electrical burning smell


It is hard to tell what is burning, take it to the repair shop

Mar 12, 2013 | Oster OGG61403 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

WHEN I USED MICROWAVE HAD BURNING SMELL & BLACK SOOT APPEARED. STILL HAVE POWER BUT DOESN'T COOK


Just had the same problem. It was an electrical short and the repairman said that it could have burned the kitchen wall and been a catastrophy. Get rid of it immediately!

Mar 02, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

MIcrowave emits an electrical smell while cooking. It still cooks, but has started emitting an odor recently when in use.


Is the smell ionized (the outside smell of a cold winter morning air) or more of an electronic component burning??? if it's more of an ionized smell it could be normal, (if the smell is strong) it could be a leaking high voltage cable (electric arching) bad insulator, if it's more of an electronic component burning smell, it could be a overheating component, in both cases you should have it checked by a professional technician...

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2011 | Sharp KB-6024MS Stainless Steel 1000 Watts...

1 Answer

My microwave, Whirlpool Gh9185XLT-1 is not heating and making an electrical burning smell. Can you help me?


No I'm afraid we can't, In view of the danger of fire you should stop using the microwave immediately and have a professional repairer look at it for you. If you can smell burning then there is obviously a component or connector getting hot inside , and there are extremely high voltages present.
I know that is not what you hoped to hear, sorry.
I have no idea where (in which country) you live but why not try a search on google for microwave repairers in your area or look in the local paper. Try to find someone who deals in philips.

I hope I have been of help but please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
I appreciate your vote if you appreciate my reply.

Mar 02, 2011 | Whirlpool GH9185XL Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Smell gas- does it have a pilot light?


I'm not sure about your question, if it is an ordinary ELECTRIC microwave oven you are not suppose to smell GAS although you could smell ION gas if the high voltage is leaking trough the insulator this means STOP USING IT and have it checked by a professional it could burst into flames... or it could be food leftover burning inside the chamber...

Good luck!

Jan 12, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Microwave smokes and smells like burning plastic


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
http://www.fixya.com/support/r5508031-microwave_oven_basic_troubleshooting

heatman101

Jan 25, 2009 | Kenmore 64663 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My panasonic NN-S954WF smells when I start it.


if you are talking about the transformer then it will need replacing , because it is about to quit on you and then the microwave will not work at all
are you going to do the repair yourself? or are you going to need to take it to a qualified service shop?

Nov 27, 2008 | Panasonic NN-S954WF Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Panasonic NN-S954WF Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

1,111 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Panasonic Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Are you a Panasonic Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...