Question about Yahoo Messenger
I can not send message in my yahoo messenger and also can not see the message from my friend
I cannot get my yahoo messanger to sign on or anything to do with yahoo to work
Posted on Nov 29, 2008
Yahoo messenger keeps freezing. I cannot send or receive messages. Or view webcams.
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
the issue is easy to be fixed
just update your internet explorer to the newer version (if it is 6 update it to 7 and so on)
dont forget to rate my answer
Posted on Nov 27, 2008
it sounds like you have a corrupted operating system or an infection, make sure you download your windows updates, do a full virus scan with counterspy from www.counterspy.com download www.ccleaner.com make sure it's ccleaner, also re download messenger from http://messenger.yahoo.com the current version should be 220.127.116.112 if that doesn't help hold windows key then push r type in chkdsk c:/f/r on xp, if vista type cmd into the search bar right click it and run as administrator then type chkdsk c:/f/r that will fix the corruption on your hard drive for the most part. you'll probably still need to re download messenger again.
Posted on Jan 18, 2009
1) Start your trouble shooting with a clean browser
Download 'ccleaner' and run it through a couple of times,using the factory settings and the 'Run Cleaner' control until 0 bytes are seen to be cleaned following a scan
Run the 'Registry' from the left hand toolbar but 'Save' any changes after opting to 'repair' errors.
2) Download an Update checker and ensure your Internet Explorer AND support software for IE is not out of date (Flashplayer - Java and Shockwaveplayer)
Even if you have another browser set as default IE is working as a link between Yahoo Messenger and your default browser.and tends to be neglected.
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
The first thing to check is to make sure you have scripting enabled in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is integrated into Yahoo Messenger so things that go wrong with IE can affect Yahoo Messenger. Here is the yahoo help page about that: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messeng...
2) In the Start Menu click on Run. Type, without the quotes, "regsvr32 jscript.dll" and then click OK. Next, repeat the process but this time type in the Run box "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" and click OK. Please note, if you are using Windows Vista temporarily disable the User Account Control (UAC). You can easily turn it back on. On the Control Panel (Category View) choose User Accounts and Family Safety, next choose User Accounts, and then click Turn User Account Control on or off.
3) If the above does not fix your problem and you are using Windows XP, you can update your Windows Script to version 5.7. In my experience helping others, this is the step that has helped the most people. Exit all browser windows and chat programs including Yahoo Messenger before installing. run registry cleaner reginout to easily fix it
Posted on Nov 25, 2010
1. Exit Yahoo! Messenger by right-clicking the tray icon and selecting Exit.
2. Before you edit the registry, you are advised to make a backup:
a. On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press the R key. This opens the "Run" command.
b. Type regedit and click OK. This opens the "Registry Editor."
c. On the "File" menu, click Export.
d. In the "Export range" panel, click All, then save your registry as Backup.
3. In the "Registry Editor," browse down to following location in the registry:
4. You should only see a list of numbers under Zones. If you see an unrecognizable character before zone 0, delete that particular key.
5. Close the Registry Editor.
6. Open up Yahoo! Messenger and try to send messages again.
Posted on May 13, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2012 | Yahoo Messenger
Jun 07, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Sep 07, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Apr 12, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Nov 02, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
May 27, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Mar 19, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
536 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: