All the colours on my tv picture have gone wrong, it looks like someone has had a big magnet against the screen, although I know that that has not happened, please could you let me know weather this problem can be fixed, and if so would I be able to do it myself
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: bush tv picture
Do you have any large stereo speakers near your tv? They have large magnet in them.
It sounds like your screen is magnetized
Your set has an automatic de-magnetizing circuit built into it. This circuit could have failed.
If you have large speakers near your tv, they need to be moved,but you did say that you're sure that no magnetic field was near your set.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like your TV may need degausing.
Is your TV situated near to any loudspeakers or other devices with large magnets inside them? Or has anyone been near your TV screen with a magnet???
You need to try to get the screen demagnetised (degaussed). Many TV engineers have a degausing coil that could do this. It only takes around 20 seconds at most.
Some TV's like Mitsubishi have a DG button on the remote, that does this function without the need to call out an engineer! It only needs one press of the button every few years!
It sounds that there is some magnet near by TV that is affecting picture tube. Please remove any extra speaker or any thing that has strong magnet inside, unplug TV for 20-30 minutes, replug back in, turn it ON, hope that will solve your TV problem. Thanks.
Funnily enough I have been given a 21 inch standard Bush set with the same problem!
It's a DEGAUSSING fault. This means the deguss circuit in the TV is not operating as it should - probably a faulty positor. When you switch the TV on (NOT FROM STANDBY) the circuit that removes magnetism from the screen does not work correctly.
Switch it off, unplug the set from the mains for 30 minutes or so and try it again. If there is no change, contact a TV repair centre.
Make sure there are no hifi loudspeakers next to the TV or a radiator as this can have an effect too.
if yo know how to solder , re solder your tv, second adjust the IF transformer by using the plastic or wood stick. IF transformer is looks like a cube made of metal with an adjustment screw at the top. try to adjust it and observe what happen.
Your degaussing circuit is not fully 'demagnetizing' the picture tube.
You can manually degauss it using a strong magnet, but it's tricky.
With a tool made for demagnetizing you simply hold it close to the
center of the picture tube and using a circular motion slowly spiral
outward to the outer edge of the tube, pulling the magent further away
from the tube at the same time. The same can be done using a strong
magnet although the results may not be perfect. You can experiment with
a magnet using wiping motions as you bring the magnet closer to and
further away from the tube.
actually your tv set was placed near object produced magnet especially speakers, used magnet, small one to de-gauss or just like cleaning the the tv screen untill impurity colors gone. need my help....firstname.lastname@example.org