Question about Logitech Harmony 659 LCD Remote Control
Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool in the Remote used for troubleshooting
purposes. If the words "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode Requested" appear on
the remote, complete the following steps:
1. Ensure the Remote is in "Safe Mode Requested" by taking out the batteries, and disconnecting the remote from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the Off button and plug the remote into the USB.
3. Continue holding down the Off button for another 10 seconds. The remote should then display the words "Safe Mode Requested".
4. With the unit in "Safe Mode Requested", re-install the firmware by clicking Support on your home page.
5. Click Firmware in the Downloads section and follow the online instructions to upgrade the firmware.
6. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click Update My Remote.
7. Insert new batteries into the remote.
NOTE: Ensure the new batteries are all the same brand.
Posted on May 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2016 | Remote Controls
Mar 05, 2011 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Mar 23, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 1100 LCD Touchscreen...
Feb 03, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Dec 12, 2009 | Remote Controls
Aug 18, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Mar 29, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 670 LCD Remote Control
Mar 26, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Mar 07, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Dec 19, 2008 | Logitech Harmony 1000 LCD Touchscreen...
763 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: