Question about Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
1. Turn off the power, and unplugged the power cable.
2. Find out the BIOS reset jumper location on the motherboard. There should be a three pin jumper and two are connected with a jumper (pin no 2 and 3 connected).
3. Pull up the jumper, and insert the jumper (to connect pin no 1 and 2). Wait for about 10-15 seconds.
4. Pull up the jumper again. Reposition the jumper to the previous (default) position (to connect pin 2 and 3).
5. Plugged the power cable, and turn on the power.
6. The BIOS configuration will become zero (including password), and you can re-adjust the parameters according to your needs.
T. M. Musa Zakaria (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
You need to open the CPU, be sure the CPU is unplug the energy, you need search the clear CMOS pins in the main board, they have a mini black plastic square, you need to put this in the 2 pins, this generate a shortcut and reset the CMOS to original state, this don't erease anythig else, only the date, time and POWER PASSWORD. ok
TIP: whe you put the mini black plastic square in the pins you can ONLY RE-CONNECT THE POWER CORD for a few secons, then unplug the power cord again and keep the mini black plastic square and put this in only one pin, YOU NEVER RUN THE MACHINE WHIT THIS MINI BLACK PLASTIC SQUARE OR DAMAGE THE MAIN SYSTEM BOARD FOREVER!!!!!
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2012 | HP Compaq nx6310 Notebook
Hope this information will help.
Your response is very much appreciated. Thank you for using Fixya...
Oct 01, 2011 | HP Compaq nx5000 Notebook
Dec 21, 2010 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
During the boot up process you will see on the screen press delete to enter set up
Press either delete or f2 during the boot up process to enter BIOS scroll down to set user password you can change or remove your password from there
hope this helps
Oct 03, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario 2500 HP Pavilion ZE...
Mar 15, 2010 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Feb 08, 2010 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Jan 08, 2010 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Jun 14, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Apr 30, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
177 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!