Question about Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
I was trying to print on notecard (3x5) sized paper. Of course it jammed, but I can not even find it in the usual spots (under toner, back of machine, etc). Do I need to take the printer apart to dislodge the paper? Any suggesteions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2015 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 22, 2011 | Brother MFC-845CW multi-function...
Nov 05, 2010 | Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 08, 2010 | Samsung CLP 300 Laser Printer
Nov 26, 2008 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Oct 24, 2008 | OKI C5100n Laser Printer
May 22, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: