If your problem is the audio driver, your best bet is to google Bit Torrent and search for dell 6000 audio driver it should bring up some results for you to choose from. If that doesn't work, try consulting dell customer service.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you need the audio driver to make the audio device work...unfortuneitly dell never made vista drivers for that model so your out of luck BUT you can give the windows xp version a shot, i advise if you do decide to do that BACK UP & CREATE RESTORE POINT! here is the drivers download list its the sigmatel-driver under the audio section download the file labeled in blue. run the file follow instructions. you will be prompted to restart so save your work before hand...audio drivers are usually pretty compatable with operating systems they aren't built for. and for future reference you should always have your drivers downloaded before upgrading or re-installing your windows operating system. for this particular reason. best of luck and have a good day. oh and here's Dell Inspirion 6000 downloads page
i found the sound driver that works on DELL INSPIRON 6000
It also works on:
Inspiron- 6000, 93000, 9200, 2200, 1200, XPS Gen 2
Latitude- D610, D810, 110L, D510, D410, X1
Precision- M20, M70
There are two sides of the problem. Hardware and software. To check whether the hardware is defective:
Try running the Pre-boot System Assessment (PSA):
1. Shutdown system
2. Press and hold on the "Fn" key.
3. Press the power button to turn the system on while holding on the "Fn" key.
4. Run the PSA until you get to the "colored bars". Then press "N" to say no.
5. Should you hear the beep codes, that means that the sound card is working fine. If you don't hear anything, then you need to replace your motherboard.
Now if your hear beeps that means that there's something wrong with the driver and audio settings. Do the following:
1. Right-click on My Computer then click on Properties
2. Click on Hardware then Device Manager
3. Click on the (+) beside Sound and Audio Devices
4. Right click on Sigmatel then click "Uninstall".
5. Go to support.dell.com
6. Click on Drivers and Downloads
7. Enter the Service Tag of your system (found at the bottom of your laptop)
8. Then download the audio driver. Just save it on your desktop first.
9. Restart the computer.
10. Install the driver.
11. Go to Control Panel -> Sounds and audio
12. Make sure that Sigmatel is the default sound device.