Unlocking of region codes for Philips DVP 3260K DVD player
My DVD player suddenly refused to play my DVD's (region 2). Over and above some open DVD's thats the only ones that I have ever played on it. All I can assume is that in some mysterious way the region codes defaulted to some other region. I can't find any code for unlocking this player's region codes. Anybody to help?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow the instructions below for unlocking your Philips HTS 3371 Please note: Unlocking a DVD player may invalidate the warranty. Unlock sequences may not work with some firmware updates and some DVD players have been damaged through failed attempts to unlock them. Unlocking your DVD player is done at your own risk.
1. Switch the DVD player ON 2. OPEN the disc tray 3. Key 9 9 9 9 0 using the Philips remote control supplied with the player 4. Press PLAY. The disc tray will close. 5. Switch the player OFF then switch ON again. 6. To test, play a disc from a region which was previously locked.
If it does not work the first time, switch the player off and back on, then try again.
This is a verified unlock method, but I was unable to confirm whether it works for players sold locked to Region 1 (North America). If you have a Region 1 player and the method above does not work, you will not be able to unlock your player.
1. Press the Setup button on your remote control
2. Using your remote control, highlight but do not
select the Preferences menu
3. Press the 1 button on your remote control
4. Press the 3 button on your remote control
5. Press the 8 button on your remote control
6. Press the 9 button on your remote control
7. Press the 3 button on your remote control
8. Press the 1 button on your remote control
9. Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote
control select 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or
0 for multi-region playback
10. Press the OK button on your remote control
11. Press the Setup button on your remote control
1st: Start the DVD player, make sure there is no CD/DVD inside. 2nd: Bring up the System Menu. 3rd: Go to Preferences, press 138931. 4th: Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region 0 .
5th: Exit the screen.