a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First off all to go to menu Press star (Additional function) - 28 together and again star
Go to Function - Density and increase/ decrease the number.
DE - DC- 24
Dev - 15
Off - 128
Den - 7-9
And again There may be a number of reasons for a light copy
1. Drum - change the drum if it is run above 10 - 20000 copies
2. Blade - changing the blade simultaneously to improve the copy quality
check your OPC drum life, if you have a poor quality with a new cartridge installed (light copy, dirty copy) the opc drum must be replaced, check you machine counter if you have reach 100k copies you need to replace the drum, if you are using a new OPC DRUM, you need to clean the machine, you have to call for service because there is many parts that muat removed to clean properly.
The drum, developer and other parts have a certain life that they are good for. After they go beyond that cycle they can start to run dirty, use alot more toner, basically give you problems until a complete maintenance is done. The drum can have permanent light fatigue, even though they look good and in alot of cases one side will start to get darker than the other. You should get an estimate of what it'll cost to have servicing done and compare that with the cost of a new or refurbed machine. If the copier is very old, it might be worth it to get a new one. Good luck, please rate this if it helped you. Thanks
your laser printer
1) print color quality is now distorted that means print skew (technician called)
2) print tint means the print color not enough density,
3) print mottle means print dirty
you may try
1) print distorted--- find out the skew adjustment from your printer manu, it is adjust the image before transfer to the drum.
2) print skew could be happened when the drum replace install not very accurate, so install it more carefully.
3) print tint---you may increase print density from the manu, not fix,
4) print tint---the toner caridge near life cycle or using the less compatible toner. so you have change the quality toner or cartridge (if near life cycle) to improve quality photo print
5）print mottle---toner quality ? or cartridge near life cycle also cause print dirty paper,
First, put all the settings back the way you found them, There should be a label on the inside of the front door with the original specs. Then set the ip_ofst and pri to the specs on the front of the drum unit. Then run d-Gamma under function>DPC and then run thru the procedure in function>dens. If you still have troubles then dump out the toner out of the developer unit and start with fresh toner.
First of all did you clean the optic? How about did you replace all of the corona wires? Also, did you clean the scanning lamp as well? Also when you had fitted the new drum, did you use a brand new one or a different one, did you clean the drum with rubbing alc. If all that was done, do a "AE" adjustment in service mode using white paper on the copy board glass. Also, go to the addictional funcation mode and go to expossure adjustment and make it lighter. Or as a last effort adjust the corona hieghts of the primary corona wires. Good Luck...
bit vague...Cq not good? What does that mean? Light copies> could be related to toner or ROS unit (laser unit) if prints OK but copies U/S clean mirrors and ccd lens Dark copies , streaking? Cleaning blade /drum unit U/S or could be streaking from fuser roll Patchy copies , dark edges, light edges ??????? more detail please