: How do I change the Voice Language setting on my nuvi 2xx?
All of the Garmin® automotive GPS units that speak street names are also loaded with basic voice prompts (example: Turn Right in 500 feet) as well as Text-to-Speech (TTS)
voices that speak street names. If one of the basic types of voice prompts has been selected, the voice prompts will not speak street names.
In order to change this setting on the nüvi® 2xx series, follow these steps:
- In the Main Menu, touch Tools (Wrench icon).
- Touch Settings.
- Press the Down arrow in the bottom right corner.
- Select Language.
- The first line on this screen is the Voice language. Touch the Current Voice option for the GPS device listed to change the Voice.
- Select a Voice that is labeled TTS. These will speak street names. Options without the TTS label will say the distance until the next turn, but will not include the street name.
- Select OK. The Voice has now been changed.
The device should now speak street names.
This is tghe solution that I found on the Garmin site. It worked for my device. Hope this is helpful.
solution = solution1description.innerHTML;
Last modified on
Other recommended links
Next Solution >>