- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the cell phone battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out.Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles andwill lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR Thebattery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the batterydrops off to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to anunacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced.
Drain the battery completely 2 or 3 times, then fully charge it and see how long it lasts. If this doesn't help then you might want to take it back to the store. Your phone is obviously trying to figure something out which is sucking down the battery. Bluetooh will drain a ton of battery out for long periods, hence keeping it hooked up in the car. I have gone through multiple razr phones in the past and they all sucked down batteries pretty quick so in the case, blaming the phone is an option :) . You can also try taking the battery out to give the phone a good restart, perhaps leave out for 30 seconds or so. I wouldn't recommend sending it in to Motorola, they like to find ways to charge you to just have it looked at.
this problem can be caused by many factors. Use of the phone can drain battery life for example if you use the phone for browsing the web or as an mp3 player, even to make or recieve calls the battery life will not be as long as it would if just on standby. also if the battery hasn't been conditioned or is being over charged this can also lead to short battery life.To resolve the problem try conditioning th battery, basically let the charge drain completely out of the phone until the phone actually switches off, then charge the phone for 24 hours. Next time the battery goes ded only charge for the recommended charging time (this info can be found either in your phone user guide or by contacting the customer service department of your network provider).
Hi Robert, actually its LG and the batteries are the worst - i did the same thing with my brand new shine! You need to be careful when you start a new battery - make sure you drain it 100%, then charge for 6-8hrs, then drain 100% then recharge - after that you are good.
a new chocolate battery goes for $25-40
normally many cell phones requires 6-10hrs for its batter to fully charge up. also i have seen it where battery can be brand new but doesn't have enough juice to hold the charge. now as far as red light on charger, remember even if you have 99% charged batter and you plug in the charger it will show you red light on phone/cradle.
FYI- all brand new phones are covered with 30 days of warranty replacement with new phone. after 30 days it covers upto 1 year from the date of purchase with refurbished phones.
In your case i think it is just the battery, try having your provider replacing new battery if no luck again then my suggestion will be to replace your phone with new battery with in 30 days.