Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

There are burn maks on the interior plastic. Is this harmful to humans?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 338 Answers

It should not be harmful. does your microwave have the metal rack in it? if it does it should be taken out unless cooking 2 plates of food.but if it is from what i think it is then no its not harmful to you at all.

Posted on Nov 26, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Why


The table motor belt may have detached which stops table from rotating and the magnetron control shuts off the heating if table does not move. Need model number etc for the microwave. It is not recommended to open the units unless you are qualified technician or understand the operation of the microwave oven. The voltages and waves can harm human body.

Sep 02, 2014 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Changing interior light bulb on GE jes1289sk


I have had this trouble before but with a different model. There may be a plastic screen inside the microwave that will just pop off exposing the bulb. Now all you will need to do is to find out what type of bulb you will need to change the other bulb. I hope this made things easier on you.

Jul 25, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

How to replace burned out light bulb


You need to remove the top cover to access the bulb. That is the only way on most microwaves.

Dec 02, 2011 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

A plastic container with hidden piece of metal caught fire in my Sharp r1490 and burned with a big flame. Several small holes were burned in the ceiling panel. Are we in danger of radiation exposure/ is...


The microwave oven is not safe to use, the fire has compromised the interior of the oven, if you run the microwave it will start to arc and eventually short out the magnetron, because the white enamel paint has been burned away. If you have holes in the ceiling there is danger of radiation leakage, for safety reasons the oven should be replaced.

Feb 23, 2011 | Sharp R-1490 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

This morning, while running the microwave, an interior cover overheated and scorched/burned. There is a hole in the upper right interior, where I believe the micro waves come out. This is a squarish...


That is called the waveguide cover and it is there to stop moisture, steam and food particle from entering the magnetron or aerial and destroy the component parts.
There are spares available through Philips Agents or online from ebay or espares etc.
It is fairly innexpensive but essential!

Jan 03, 2011 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE PEB1590 microwave oven. Interior light burned


Remove the screws from around the rear of the oven and slide the cabnet off to the rear. You should be able to access the bulb from here.
WARNING: any time you work on a microwave you have to be careful of the capacitor. Unpluge the microwave and discharge the capacitor with a large screwdriver with a plastic handle.
Be careful.

Dec 31, 2009 | General Electric PEB1590SMSS Stainless...

1 Answer

Will not heat. has power going to transformer


Hi,

There are a couple of steps you can do inorder to varify the main reason for your micro wave not heating.

Microwave doesn't activate / heat.
  1. Make sure microwave is plugged in properly.
  2. Check that door closes completely and its latch is aligned.
  3. Check that interlock switch in door works properly (required for activating microwave).
  4. Replace a blown fuse if it's accessible, or contact a service technician.
  5. Inspect plastic coupling beneath tray.
  6. Check ring and roller assembly for misalignment or debris.
  7. Make sure that tray is sitting properly on turning mechanism.
  8. If carousel motor is broken, contact a service technician.
  9. Make sure there's no aluminum foil or metal trim on dishware.
  10. Food residue or burned spots can cause electrical arcing. Clean chamber thoroughly. Replace wave-guide cover if burned or carbonized.
  11. Sand away burn spots, and smooth rough metal edges.
  12. Touch up spots with microwave interior paint if necessary.
  13. If chamber has burn holes, contact a service technician.
After doing these steps I am sure you would be able to figure out the problem area.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

God Bless.

Jul 09, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Replace light in overrange GE microwave


Advantum 120 over range microwave - with burned out interior bulb: Remove top fron grill cover -- held byu 2-3 screws on top. Remove sheetmetal plate that lies parallel to top of unit, just to the right of the square plastic porting on the far left of the unit. The sheet metal plating is about 12" wide and 8" deep and is shaped like 2 overlapping rectangles. It is held in place by 1-2 screws. (I don't recall if you needed to remove other plastic grid on right front -- I did, but I was still searching for the bulb). The bulb is located about 5" from the left side and about 2" in from the front, covered by a small sheetmetal box. THe bulb looks like the little halogen bulbs used in low-voltage outdoor lights - but is slightly larger - DO NOT REPLACE WITH THAT KIND OF BULB). Remove the one screw holding the box, unplug the bulb and find a replacement. Can't tell you where to get a bulb -- that's what I'm doing next. Good luck.

Jul 25, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Maytag MMV1153BAW interior access panel


This is the stirrer cover. It is important. It is to keep food particles and grease out of the stirrer and waveguide area.

If grease or food particles build up, they can arc, which will cause burn damage to the cover, stirrer, chassis, and/or magnetron.

If you have any arcing, you should remove it for cleaning. Be careful of sharp edges.

The stirrer's job is to stir the microwaves to ensure even heating, even when a turntable is not present or not used.

You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

May 05, 2008 | Sharp R-530BS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Ge Spacemaker microwave - Model # JNM1851


They sometimes have a plastic cover over the bulb cavity that you can take off from the oven interior

Dec 23, 2007 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

56 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8871 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...