Question about Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
The microwave is working fine, but the lighted control panel is extremely faint, almost appearing to be off. Looking to find out how hard this is to repair(probably something that must be done by an appliance repair person?) and any ideas as to what part might be the problem.
This uses a vacuum fluorescent display. Over time, they degrade in brightness until they're unreadable. GE does not make just that part available, so the whole "smart board" would have to be replaced. It's not too hard for a do-it-yourselfer but certain important safety rules must be followed, such as in "safety.txt" and "disassembly.txt" available at my Web site. You can order the smart board from Appliance Parts Pros for $149.16 at http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Posted on Jan 07, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2017 | Hotpoint Microwave Ovens
Mar 11, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 24, 2011 | Hotpoint RVM1625 Microwave Oven
Jan 24, 2011 | Hotpoint RVM1325WW Microwave Oven
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 on high resistance range for short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
Dec 22, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
Sep 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
May 20, 2009 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven
May 03, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven
The problem is almost certainly on the control panel, which we repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
This often can affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inopoerable or stuck on.
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and
disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Oct 14, 2007 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
You may have a bad keypad, which in many cases can be replaced.
A bad keypad may be worn out due to age, damaged, or it may have gotten wet or otherwise contaminated.
Moisture and contamination can be caused by not using the fan when boiling on the stove top (for over the range models), direct spraying of cleaners, by storing the microwave in an unheated garage or shed, or infestation.
I warn my customers to never spray cleaner directly onto the microwave keypad, since the liquid can get inside and "lock up" or even ruin the keypad or controller.
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Aug 10, 2007 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
Apr 04, 2014 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
Apr 27, 2017 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: