Subs were in a box and looks brand spanking new. But when connected no sounds whatsoever. check all leads and connections, amp is working and plays on other speakers. DHD subs looks brand new does not smell burnt or any kind of visual damage. Even try to hook to house system and still no sound. Please Help
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: DHD ntx6408 subs
Voice coil has been blown open. Most likely alot of times what I do to test a speaker is connect it to a 9 volt battery. on and off and the speaker should bounce. If not speaker is blown. Plus this way you could save yourself lots of problems. If the speaker was shorted and not blown open. You would now possible have a blown amp and home stereo.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
this could be your connection to the amp .make sure the positive leads from the sub are on the positive terminals on the amp .first try one sub alone and then connect the other one .with the second one try swaping the terminals but if your using quality products you woudnt have to just connect the leads to the terminals the belong to .positive on positive and negative on negative
if your subs are dvc 1000w max and 500rms wiring up to a 1 ohm load you would need a 1000w max 1 ohm stable amp. to put this in a pickup truck, i would not put them in a box, i would get 2 12inch tubes to put them in. cause a wedge truck box would make your system sound like garbage and will be distorted, your sql will be poor, basically you would need the right amount of air space for the subs.
Assuming there is no short, or lose ground wire somewhere inside the box, diodes( in the amp) are fine, you might be overheating it by not allowing it to get good ventilation. This can be a big deal on some low end Chinese amps. Or the speakers are blown , or your Resistors (in the amp) are bad, but for arguments sake. Most people don't use the proper size and or conductivity types of wiring, for pushing high amperage Think about it like this, Watts (power) =.Amps (energy) x Voltage (pressure) Resistance or Ohm's (amount) determines how much Wattage will go in or out, Ohms = Volts x2 / Watts. What gauge wire are you using on your setup?
google "subwoofer wiring diagram" that will help you out,....you put in how many subs, DVC, SVC, and the ohms of the subs.....good stuff to know b4 hooking up a system....hopefully you didnt fry your subs or amp.....let me kno.....
First you'll need to buy a good quality amp wiring kit. For the torture your battery receives, get a power cap. The higher the farad the better off. And as for sound quality use really good RCA's and speaker wire. Try to keep the amp as close to subs as possible, and speaker wire a the necessary length. Not to long. Be sure to have a good ground.
My guess is that one of your subs has a damaged voice coil, which acts like a short circuit to the speaker outputs. If you put an ohmmeter on the speaker terminals you should measure a resistance of not much less than 2 ohms (assuming you've wired the VC's in parallel). If you measure a significantly lower resistance then you have a damaged subwoofer.