I am getting poor copies. They are pale and sort of streaked. By streaked I mean that there are areas of the copy that is darker than other areas. Also on the edge of the page is a smudge that is powdery. You can wipe off most of the toner and it leaves a light shadowy blotch. I have replaced the toner cartidge, as well as the drum. When I remove the toner catridges they have a build up of toner on them at the end. (The end that is farthest inside, or the back of the machine.) I have vacuumed toner that has gotten into the machine from this area. I have cleaned off all of the ares of the copier that I can see.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm afraid that regarding pale copies, you are better off checking your consumables (toner, fusers, etc) and then try talking to Toshiba. However, the vertical white streaks can be caused by excess ink and other contaminants on the inside of the printer. If you open the main door to both the printer and finisher (if fitted) and look at all of the visible runners, feeders and other handling devices, try to see if any of them line up with your vertical streaks on a page. If so, try manually rolling them and cleaning them thoroughly. This might help remove some of the streaking (it did on mine).
Hope this helps,
there are some possibilities for this problem.
i will explain it.
1) First of all check out if the toner is full ,half or near to empty.
There is no exact procedure to check the powder left in the toner without opening the toner.but in one toner there comes about near to 1500 copies.if you have got about 1200 to 1300 copies.then its quite possible that the power left is near to empty so the streaks comes on the paper due to less powder left.many times in this case removing and shaking the toner then reinserting the toner again and checking the printout helps.
2) But if you are sure that toner is not empty then other possibility is.in the toner cartridge there is a aluminium drum.its easily seen in the cartridge.once you remove the cartridge. if that drum is got very much used then due to that drum the streaks appear.fox example.if the drum is new the print is very dark.if the drum gets old the print gets very light or with streaks or faded print.
3) Now if drum and toner powder both are proper and still the problem then its the fault in the printer.in your printer there is some toner powder got spilled out on the inner parts from where the printing paper passes.so when the paper passes from the part where the powder is fallen or got collected then the streaks comes.in this case the printer needs internal cleaning and servicing.
4) but in some cases it has been noticed that internal powder of the toner becomes moist and very hard to come out from the toner for printing.in this case either toner needs to be refilled or toner needs to be replaced.you can get the toner refilled from local cartridge refilling store or local stationery shops dealing in cartridge refillings.The cartridge refilling shops also have the same printer for checking the cartridge.so at the refilling shop it will be confirmed whether the fault is in cartridge or printer.
This will help. Thanks .
If they are black streaks and they are always in the exact same place, open the cover and clean the skinny little scanning glass. It might be ink or lint. If it's white streaks then it's in the same place but it's dried correction tape or fluid, etc.
It probably has several issues - optics dirty, and drum, and blade failing. I would also imagine that even the Solid "blacks" aren't as black as they could be, and that would be the developer. This machine is in the 17 year old range, and I wouldn't spend dime on it
It dose not have a print head. But it dose have a drum. Are the streaks thin lines? Also, is only part of the copies fixed into the paper ( can you rub part of the copies OFF)? If you can rub off part of the copies - your problem is in the fixing unit. If the lines are fixed and can not be rubbed OFF you most likly need a new drum unit. Good Luck... Either way you will need a service rep. out to fix your problem
On the bottom of the laptop. You should find the serial number and model number.
It sounds like the LCD has some issues. I recently repaired a machine with a simular problem, but the screen was more "splashed" than streaked. By that i mean you could clearly see the screen was smashed.
Would you say your streaking is more like "Digital" streaking what we call "Artifacts" or its like a splash of water on it, where maybe its been smashed.
If its the other, try safe mode with VGA support. That should disable any other programs or settings causing the problem.
Oh! And when you first boot the machine, does the "ACER" logo look normal? How about the windows boot screens?