- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If there is spark please do not switch on
unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is
leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is
quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When
you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the
long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if
so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to
Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can
be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin
for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and
spark when the ceramic paint has worn out.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
The noise filter is to block electrical noise, not auditory noise. "Noise" in electronics means any unwanted or unintended electrical signal.
The purpose of the noise filter is to help prevent any electrical noise generated in the wiring of the microwave from getting into your house wiring, which could cause interference with or disruption of other devices.
If your microwave is making auditory noise, then it may be a loose cover or panel, a rubber bumper fell off the high voltage transformer, or one of the components is failing.
A loud buzz, hum, or groan is usually a
shorted high voltage rectifier diode, but a sound like gurgling into an
empty coffee mug is one symptom of a failed magnetron, and yet the magnetron can
be bad without that sound.
If either of those two were bad, it would not cook.
it has nothing to do with the magnetron. first you have to fix step one. then you will know if the magnetron is bad. its one or two of the primary switches on the bottom of the switch tower. usually with these mw if you dont press cancel to stop the mw, and you just push the latch to stop it, those wires heat up and cause the microswitches to burn and loose proper contacts.
put a cup of water in the mw. set it to one minute and as its counting down. push on the latch LIGHTLY, as to not fully open the door and you will hear the magnetron kick on and the turn table start to rotate
if the lights and turn table still work, then its either your h.v. diode,h.v. capacitor or the magnetron tube at fault, if nothing operates then its the internal ceramic fuse under tho outer unit cover thats bad or your outlet is dead at the wall
HI. in most cases, this will lead to a failed Heating device(magnetron tube).It would be wise to check the Magnetron cutoff fuse to be sure of its integrity. if the fuse is blown, simply replace it. if the fuse continues to show continuity, replace the magnetron.
(((The fuse is located inside the unit along side the magnetron)))
the heating components of a microwave r the diode, magnetron, and transformer. checking a unit plugged in can be dangerous seeing there is about 5000 volts from the step up transformer. if you have a amp probe you can check the amps at the wires powering the transformer. if you have less than 12 amps, and 110 volts at primary side of transformer change the magnetron and diode
It's most likely the Magnetron. The are not very easy to install and quite expensive. Older models magnetrons cost about 80 bucks from GE. It's probably not something you would want to try and repair yourself. Call a GE service person.
On Certain conditions, they must have a basic knowledge of what they are doing, save your loved ones the cost of a funeral and buy a $50 print on microwave servicing to learn mainly how to discharge a high voltage capacitor, which store a dangerous amount of voltage. as long as the magnatron is of the same dimensions and vents, screws all go in the same way as well,certain models require the same value magnatron, some dont. Good Luck.