You can turn the printer online by going to "printer and faxes" in control panel and right clicking the printer and setting it as online. If you cannot set it as online, it means that the printer is not plugged in into the computer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your best bet is to: Remove the software Unplug the printer Reinstall the software After the software is installed, plug in the printer. Computer should then recognize the printer and complete the install.
Once you have added either a USB or networked printer to your PC or Mac computer, you can begin sending documents to print. However, on occasion, a print command will create an error on the printer and take it offline, which will prevent all future jobs from printing. To resolve this issue, you will need to change your printer settings from offline to online.
- Open the Start menu and click on the "Printers and Faxes" icon. This will open a window with a list of the printers currently set up on your computer.- Double-click on the icon of the printer you want to change to online. A pop-up window detailing all current print jobs will open.- Go to Printer in the menu bar of the pop-up window and uncheck "Use Printer Offline." This action will change the printer from offline to online.
- Open System Preferences by clicking on the icon in the Dock.- Go to the Print & Fax control panel under the Hardware category.- Select the printer you want to take online from the list on the left side of the screen. Then click on the "Open Print Queue" button.- Click on the "Resume Printer" button at the top of the queue window to change the printer from offline to online.
If you are connected via USB cable, you will want to follow these steps.
1. Clear the print queue from the computer.
2. Shut down the computer.
3. Power off the printer.
4. Unplug the USB cable from both the computer and the printer.
5. Make sure there are no foreign objects in the printer.
6. Reconnect the USB cable.
7. Turn on the printer and the computer.
Have you checked to make sure your printer is not set to be in 'offline mode'? Go to your start menu, then the control panel in windows, then printers, then right click and see if 'use printer offline' is checked. If it is, uncheck it.
Did you also turn the printer off and back on? You mentioned you disconnected the printer from the computer but didn't mention about unplugging it. If you haven't unplugged it, that would be the next step.