I have tried downloading from the samsung website lastest firmware update, which is an iso file when extracted it saves it to disc as a xuf file and the blu ray wont read this what am i doing wrong??
Read the Upgrade Guide (PDF) for instructions on how to do this. It says to burn a CD. The ZIP file extracts to ISO type. The guide tells you what format it needs.
READ the PDF file under Upgrade Guide. Make sure you designate the proper file type when burning CD. Check your burning software.
How to make a firmware update CD
Please follow the below procedures.
1 Download the new firmware file from www.samsung.com
2 If the firmware file is compressed (*.zip), the file should be uncompressed to CD image file
3 Please burn the CD image file on a blank CD-R/RW disc
1) Recommended CD Burning Program is Nero Burning ROM.
2) Burning Options (in case of using Nero Burning ROM)
A. ‘Recorder’ menu ?? ‘Burn Image…’ ?? Select an uncompressed image file(*.iso)
B. Please check ‘Finalize CD (No further writhing possible!)’
C. Please refer to your own CD burning Program Manual if you want to use any other
CD burning program for burning ISO image file.
D. Make sure if the downloaded software is eligible for your BD-P1400.
E. The System Upgrade will not be executed if using the update CD made with NOT
following the upper procedures.
The following events may interrupt the upgrade process and MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT
DAMAGE TO THE UNIT WHILE UPGRADING.
1. Unplugging the power plug
2. Power outage
3. Dirt or scratches on the burned CD-R/RW disc
4. Closing or opening a disc tray during update processing
How to upgrade the BD-P1400
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE button to open the disc tray.
2. Insert the upgrade CD.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE button to close the disc tray.
4. Please wait about 6 minutes while verifying.
Verifying Firmware Version.
5. When below message box comes up, please check the date of the Firmware version.
Do you want to update Firmware?
>Current Version : 070730.02_XAA
>New Version : 070903.01_XAA
6. Press ‘Enter’ button to choose ‘Yes’ for upgrade and please remove the disc on the tray.
If you select ‘No’, BD-P1400 will be automatically powered off.
If you don’t see above message box, try another disc. Generally, this is caused by disc
quality or a disc creation problem.
7. Please wait for about 7 minutes.
Please, do not turn off the power.
8. When finished, the screen and the power will turn off automatically.
9. Turn on the unit again. The tray will close automatically. Below screen will show up. Please
select the language you want with a corresponding number button.
MENU LANGUAGE SELECTION
Press 1 for English
Pulsar 2 para Español
Touche 3 pour Français
Macrovision : BSS01
10. If you want to do System Upgrade through the network, please refer to ‘System Upgrade’
Article on the User’s Manual.
Aug 18, 2010 |
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player