Question about Delta Faucet Delta 172-SSWF Waterfall Single Handle Kitchen Faucet with Matching Side Sp...

2 Answers

Water pooling at base of delta waterfall faucet spout

I'm guessing I need new rings? This faucet is about 10 years old. I'm getting a leak underneath the sink coming under the pooling water.

Thanks for your help

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 23, 2014

    I cannot turn water off coming out of the faucet. Have to turn water off under the sink.


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I have the same problem. The part that is needed is found with a simple Google search for "Delta Waterfall RP22934 O-Rings"

Simply Slide the collar up at the base of the spout where it swivels.

Gently open the now exposed split plastic retainer so that the tabs near the bottom are pulled from their holes.

Lift the spout off the base to expose the o-rings.

Replace with the new o-rings and apply o-ring grease.

Re-assemble and enjoy a dry sink area.

Posted on May 23, 2009

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 68 Answers


Yes, it sounds like new rings. They are readily available at the supply center/big box stores. Also buy a little tube of O-ring lube for Plumbing. It is a little spendy but it will more than double the life of the rings. Generally this job can be done with an allen wrench bundle, 10" crescent wrench and the new parts. Turn the water off before you start!!

Good Luck, Phil

Posted on Dec 10, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where do o rings go in a leaking delta kitchen faucet out of spout

usually there are 2 O rings under the swivel head turn water off then take the top off the swivel I use strap wrenches and replace the O rings use some plumbers lube on them . so it goes together easier and turns freely . Good Luck

Feb 14, 2015 | Delta Faucets

1 Answer

New kwc domo leaking under (alot) sink

mixing chamber of the faucet may be cracked

Aug 14, 2014 | Faucets

2 Answers

Leaking faucet

I've had problems with the O-rings at the head leaking, feeding back inside the corrugated hose covering, and pooling under the sink. Might be your problem as well. Verify by holding the head downward, and look for water beading out further up the hose.

Apr 04, 2014 | Grohe Ladylux Cafe Faucet with PullOut...

1 Answer

Spout leaking on moen kitchen faucet

Remove the rubber O ring (turn off Water supply at meter first), then take your O ring to the hardware store to obtain a new one. You may have to stretch the new ring under hot wster before installation, If you do not feel comfortsble doing this yourself, call an expert.

Jan 16, 2012 | Delta Faucets

1 Answer

The spray handle works but the faucet does not. water trickles out of the faucet...spray handle is leaking under the sink. faucet is only 1 year old.

wow need a new faucet?? NO just kidding

Ok the water not running out of the faucet. that is the screen on the end of the spout, just un screw it clean it and your good to go.The leak on the spray, pull the spray out and run it and look at the connection right there on the handle.

if there is no leak, get an other person to run the sprayer and you take a flash light and look up at the bottom of the faucet.and see if you can see the leak from there. The hose should attach to a brass section coming out of the bottom of the facucet, It may be it just got loose and you need to re tighen it. Now yo will need a basin wrench to do that . If yo dont have you you can buy a cheap on ( which is all you need) from a hardware store,

Also if you take your hand and feel around the the bottom of the sink where all the pipe come down it might be the fauect itself.

Good hunting be safe protect your eye


Sep 11, 2011 | Price Pfister Marielle Kitchen Faucet with...

1 Answer

2 year old Moen 87845 began leaking at handle - some water coming out where it attaches to deck, some leaking out from under sink. Do I need a new cartridge? Also, when using sprayer, not all water is...

Yep, you have a bad cartridge and a diverter, the handle leaks all come from the cartridge

just remove the handle expose the U clip that keeps the cartridge in place. This is were yo will need a handle puller to extract the old cartridge. When you get it out make sure you clean out the inside befrore you place the replacement unit it. If not the junk will mess up the work you just did.

Make sure you use a food base lube to make surre the new one going in with out cutting O rings.

While you have to spout removed youo will see the diverter and pop that iut and put in a new one and the water to the spray unit will work like new.

Hope this helped you out, Be safe and take care
please take a second to rate us for its the only way if we know what kind of a job we did for you.:)

Sep 10, 2011 | Moen 87845 Quinn Single Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

How do I disassmble a jado kitchen faucet with

you have to locate the water shut off valves before you attempt removing the water lines, hopefully they will be located on the lines under your sink, if not you will have to shut the water main off coming into the house. After you have shut the water off and disconnected the lines, look under your sink at the back were your faucet comes through the sink and you will find the fasteners, unscrew these counter clockwise and the faucet will lift out .

Sep 03, 2009 | Jado 827-850-144 Shogun Single Lever...

1 Answer

Delta Signature 470 kitchen faucet leaks when using cold water

well it do or it don't come out if it is old U R better off buying a new, it is the seals that R leaking, then it could B a weld gone bad

Mar 24, 2009 | Delta Model 470: Signature Kitchen...

1 Answer

Removal of single hole kithcen faucet.

There is a bracket that slides between the threaded shaft and the bottom of the sink. There is usually a nut which is tightened up against this bracket. When this nut is loosened, the bracket will slide out. Of course, you first have to unfasten the two water supply lines. Once the bracket is removed, the two water lines which are made into the faucet are gently bent and the whole thing is removed from the top of the sink. Hope this helps.

Mar 09, 2009 | American Standard - Lavatory Faucet -...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Delta Faucet Delta 172-SSWF Waterfall Single Handle Kitchen Faucet with Matching Side Sp... Logo

3,254 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Delta Faucet Faucets Experts

Ed Mac

Level 3 Expert

709 Answers


Level 2 Expert

60 Answers


Level 3 Expert

61292 Answers

Are you a Delta Faucet Faucet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides