This is from Netflix Website.
Several ISP providers are throttling Netflix because they consume a huge amount of bandwidth that the ISP does not get additional revenue for. Check with your neighbors and see what they are using.
Internet Connection Speed Recommendations
Below are the Internet download speed recommendations per stream for playing movies and TV shows through Netflix.
HD Video Quality
- 0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
- 1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
- 3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
- 5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
- 25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD quality
Movies and TV shows we have available in high definition will play in 720p or better with a fast enough internet connection. To watch Netflix in HD, ensure you have an HD plan
, then set your video quality setting to High
in the Playback Settings
for your account.
Netflix Bandwidth Usage
Higher quality video uses more bandwidth than lower-quality video. If your service provider applies a bandwidth or data cap to your Internet service, you canManage Bandwidth Usage
by changing the video quality settings to Low
to consume less data.