Called customer support, told them printer wasn`t jammed and had reset. they told me to unplug and reconnect holding the menu button. it came up with error 46, and told me i would need to get an engineer. can i fix this myself?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: unable to clean for dcp 340-cw brother
Try placing a piece of Black Electricians tape over the stepped part of
the cartridge make sure it covers the whole of the length this will
fool the sensor into thinking that the ink is full. If you just cover a
part of it on a near empty cartridge it will save not installed.
check is done to make sure that the print head doesn't dry out but in
my opinion these are set too high and you can waste about 8% of you
total ink. If you do this before you install the cartridge you will be
able to use all of the ink. Then just replace it with a new taped one...
When you have purged , cleaned the print heads, your Brother Printer
about 6,450 times it will be unable to print anymore. This is because
they recommend that the printer is serviced this will cost you up to
£120 (not bad for a printer that costs £60 NOT!!!)
way is to spend £25 and buy your own replacement pads if you are up to
taking the printer apart, see service manual this is hard to get hold
of as are these instructions !!!!
In the mean time you can RESET
this purge count back to zero using the MAINTENANCE 80 menu, to
continue using the printer for a while until you get the new pads. But
it on a tray as if they are full they may start to leak onto your
1 . Press (MENU) (MONO START) then (^) OR <the up
arrow> four times, the Photo Capture and Red Exclamation Lights will
2. Press (^) eight times until you see <8> then press (SET) 3. Press (^) twice until you see <0> then press (SET)
You will now be in MAINTENANCE 80.
Press the (MONO START) its a toggle until you see PURGE:6451 ( I guess
this means you have cleaned the heads over 6,450 times their threshold
level.) you will need to enter the code <2783> to RESET it.
5. Press (^) twice until you see < 2 > then press (SET) 5. Press (^) eight times until you see < 7 > then press (SET) 5. Press (^) nine times until you see < 8 > then press (SET) 5. Press (^) four times until you see < 3 > then press (SET)
The Printer will beep then reset counter will be at ZERO <0000000>
You can also RESET using the <2783> If you press the wrong key you will see MACHINE ERROR 46 on the LCD.
Almost forget to EXIT the Maintenance mode enter 9 twice by using
the up arrow & set key's to exit from maintenance mode in the same
way as entering the 2783 code, or power down the printer.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In the online manual for the printer we can see how to do the restore factory settings reset.
Press setup > Press 6 > Press 3
This displays the tools menu. Select the restore factory defaults. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00241244.pdf
In this link we can see how to perform a partial reset. Take out the ink cartridges before this one.
Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer while the printer is turned on > wait about 30 seconds > Press and hold the # and the 3 > reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer while still holding the # and 3 buttons > release # and 3 after the printers starts to boot up. Insert ink cartridges when the printer asks for them. HP Customer Support
1) Unplug machine. 2) Hold down menu key while plugging in machine. 3) Enter 99 while holding down menu key 4) After it says "PLease wait" hit the stop/exit button to get out of the maintenance mode
Hope that helps.....
First thing to try is pressing the "Stop/Reset" button. If that doesn't work, hold it down for more than 10 seconds and release. If that doesn't work try turning off the printer, unplug the power cord for more than 10 seconds then reconnect and turn the printer on again.
If the printer was connected to a computer, there might be more information provided about the source of the problem. Otherwise, a last resort would be to reset the printer. Follow this exactly:
Turn off the printer (using "Power" button) but leave it plugged into the wall socket.
Press and hold the "Stop/Reset" button (red circle in the triangle), and without releasing the "Stop/Reset" button, press and hold the "Power" button (indicator light shows green).
While holding down the "Power" button, release the "Stop/Reset" button.
Continue holding down the "Power" button, double click the "Reset" button and release the "Power" button.
Click the "Stop/Reset" button four times
Press the "Power" button to confirm and turn the printer off. Turn printer on again.
1. Open the cartridge access door and try to move carriage manually back and forth.
If issue not resloved
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and while the printer is tuned On, Now press and hold OK and CANCEL, while holding them plug in the power cord once the printer is On release the buttons
This will RESET your printer to factory settings and it should fix your problem
Note : As I told you that it will Reset your printer to Factory Settings so if you have IP address saved in it then it will deleted.
Try the following steps to remove HP Printer Error Code 0xc18a0001. I have put 3 ways for you to try.
1. Without turning off the printer, unplug the USB cable. 2. Remove the cartridges. 3. Wait until the message "Insert cartridge" appears. 4. Unplug the power cord. 5. Wait 60 seconds. 6. Reconnect the power cable. If the printer does not turn on automatically, press "On button". 7. Reinsert the cartridges and close the lid. 8. If the printer has a page of calibration accept. 9. Reconnect the USB cable and remake an impression. 10. If the problem persists, the machine must be repaired.
Or try 2
Turn the printer and wait until you receive the error message. * Simultaneously press the keys "9" and "#" printer. * While holding the button down, unplug the power cord from the unit. * Wait a few seconds. * Still holding the button down, reconnect the cable and turn on the printer. * Release the buttons.
Or try 3
* Turn the printer and wait until you receive the error message. * Simultaneously press the keys "9" and "#" printer. * While holding the button down, unplug the power cord from the unit. * Wait a few seconds. * Still holding the button down, reconnect the cable and turn on the printer. * Release the buttons.
Please all I ask is call back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one, so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Got the same problem following a message "Printer ink failure" code 0xc19a0035. Instructions say to shut down using button on/off. But printer refused to shutdown. After 30 minutes, I disconnected power cable. Removed cartridges. Reloaded cartridges. Reconnected power cable and got "Improper shutdown" message with continuous cycle. Solution: 1. While the printer is still turned on, unplug all cables and cords at the back of the printer. 2. Unplug the power cord also from the wall outlet... 3. Wait for two minutes. 4. Reconnect power cord to the wall outlet first. 5. Press and hold the pound (#) and six (6) buttons. 6. While holding down the two buttons, reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer and after two seconds, release pound and six buttons. 7. Turn on the printer if it turns off... and it's fixed.
8. Be patient to let printer run its tests.
You could try a partial reset of the printer
Unplug the power cord
Reconnect power cord
When lights are flashing, press & hold On/Resume and PaperSize buttons
When only the On/Resume light is flashing, release both buttons
When On/Resume light is steady, reset is completed
If you are using that specific printer. After clearing the paper jam clean the rollers of the printer with a cotton ball that is moist with water or a lint free cloth that is moist with water.
Reset your printer by following this steps
1. Press and hold Cancel (X) then press the power button and release both simultaneously 2. “Enter Key Combo” will display on the LCD 3. Press and release in sequence BLUE, GREEN and GRAY 4. Press BLUE button twice “reset menu” displays on LCD 5. Press GREEN button 6. Press BLUE button once “PARTIAL RESET” displays on LCD 7. Press BLUE button twice “SEMI-FULL RESET” displays on LCD 8. Then press GREEN button 9. Then device turns OFF. 10. Turn ON device.
Try to print afterwards. If you will still have the same problem and if you think that you are still in warranty then call this number 1-800-474-6836 this is the number for hp technical support.