An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: audio driver problem
You can try to uninstall and reinstall the audio driver. Go to Device Manager and you can uninstall and reinstall from there. You can also try to update the driver. Visit the manufacturer's website for driver update.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Open up Control Panel and navigate to IDT Audio Control Panel. On the right hand side, there would be an image depicting the jacks available on the 1555. Left click on the respective jacks and change them corresponding to the 5.1 outputs.
1. Upgrade Service Pack 2 to SP3, can be downloaded from Microsoft website http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/svpk/2008/04/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe
2. Download and Install MS UAA - Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio - KB835221.exe
3. Download and install the latest IDT drivers - HP IDT High Definition
Audio CODEC Driver 6.10.6087.0 Rev.B from
The simple and the only solution to this is reinstalling the sound card drivers.
Go to device manager > under sound video and game controllers Right click on the IDThigh def audio codec and uninstall it.
Alsouninstall the connexant or th realtec audio driver
remember don't install the IDTcodec back.. just reinstall the sound driver from the recovery manager > advance options > hardware driver installation.