Question about Gateway GT4016 Desktop PC
When I press the on Button the light just blinks orange 2 times and then nothing happens the fan doesn't start and if i press it it just keeps blinking twice i do not know where to go from there i need some help! thanks!
Not knowing for sure which model of gateway computer that you have adds a small problem to diagnose. Most Computers when started have a green light when the computer starts with no problem.
The amber light indicates a failed power supply or overload, with a voltage
loss to the motherboard. Unplug all hard drives. If unplugging all hard drives does not solve the problem
then the power supply needs to be replaced, if the problem clears with the drives unplugged then reconnect them one at a time to find which one is causing the problem.
Posted on Nov 25, 2008
The most likely possibility is you need to replace the power supply. If you have a power supply tester you can check it. If not you may want to borrow or purchase a new one. They, for the most part, are not that expensive. I hope this helps. Joe
Posted on Nov 25, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2014 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Sep 26, 2013 | Canon PIXMA iP3600 Photo Printer
printer powered off but connected on power source , you must:
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button.
Waste ink full reset These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
Jul 23, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2010 | Canon i80 InkJet Printer
Feb 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 20, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 19, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 16, 2009 | Canon i80 InkJet Printer
235 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!