Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I cannot get my custom sized envelopes to print on HP Photosmart 7280 ..keep getting error "paper size or type is incorrect'
I read your solution .. i.e. save custon under separate name but also can't find that option on Word program.
OK, to make this clearer, I had the same problem on my HP C7180. It seems to be rampant throughout their Multifunction printers.
My Fix, combining several others:
1. Go to Printers and Faxes on your Start Menu. In the Printers window, select Server Properties from the File menu. Use the Forms tab of the Print Server Properties dialog box to view printer forms. You may also see lots of forms that you wish your printer could see, but don't worry, it'll see the one you create now. And be sure when you create your form that you use the narrower dimension for the width and the longer dimension for the height. Usually for envelopes you will print in landscape mode.
2. Select the Create A New Form check box.
3. Enter a new name for the Form in the Form Description For field.
4. Use the fields in the Measurements area to set the paper size and margins. *Use the narrower dimension for the width and the longer dimension for the height*.
5. Choose the Save Form button to save the form. The Save Form button only gets pick-able when you type in a different name than what's there already.
Now go to your document program, such as Word. Make sure the window for the document you want to print is the active window. Select File/Page Setup..., Paper Size Tab, and there select the form you just created from the dropdown list
Still in your document program, select File/Print... then Properties. Select the Features tab, which may be differently named. Under Resizing Options/Size dropdown, select More... and there you'll find your newly created form down at the bottom, under Custom. Pick it.
If you're printing envelopes or other things where the way you view it it's wider side-to-side than it is tall, be sure and select "landscape" in both "page setup..." on your document program and in File/Print.../Properties/Features?Basic Options.
When I did all this methodically, I was able to print my Christmas envelopes. Yay!
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
I had the same problem, until I found this. Once you follow these instructions, print in LANDSCAPE, not portrait. I was printing 8.75inX5.75in envelopes. If I claimed the WIDTH was 5.75 and the HEIGHT was 8.75, my photosmart could do it. If I had it the other way? It gave the same error of custom paper size in incorrect.
NOTE: The width should always be the short edge of the paper. For example, if the custom size is 127 mm by 394 mm (5 inches by 10 inches), the width must be set to 127 mm (5 inches) regardless of the orientation of the document or the feed method on the printer.
NOTE: The height should always be the long edge of the paper. For example, if the custom size is 127 mm by 394 mm (5 inches by 10 inches), the height must be set to 394 mm (10 inches) regardless of the orientation of the document or the feed method on the printer.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2010 | HP PSC 1350 All-In-One Thermal Printer
Apr 29, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 20, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One - InkJet...
Dec 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 21, 2009 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Mar 07, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5280 InkJet Printer
Feb 15, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4480 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 07, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Feb 03, 2007 | HP PSC 2410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
2,315 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!