Question about Insignia Digital-to-Analog Converter for Analog TVs
Purchased at Radio Shack. Cannot program the remote to work. No way to go through set up without remote.
Since you say the remote turns the box on and off properly, the control is probably working correctly. If you aren't seeing anything on the screen, you may not have the TV on the right channel (if you've connected it with an RF cable to the TV's antenna input jack). If you've connected the box using its video and audio outputs, you may not have selected the TV's video input.
As far as setting up the remote to work the converter box, that isn't necessary. If the remote is truly not working the box properly, and you have tried new batteries in the remote, you may have a bad remote or converter box and should take it back to the seller.
If the problem is setting up the boxes remote to work your TV, you may be out of luck. If you need to enter a brand code and your TV isn't listed, there is usually a code search function. The problem with universal remotes in general is that often they only give you control of a TV's basic functions but not advanced menu controls. The converter box remote may not be able to do more than just turn your TV on and off and control its volume. You may need to keep the original TV remote handy if you want to do things like adjust color levels, control closed captioning, or other functions like that.
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Mar 02, 2012 | Panasonic PV-DM2792 Triple Play 27 in....
1.Turn on a desired device (VCR or DVD player)
2. On the remote control, press a device key once (i.e., DVD/VCR,
CBL/SAT or TV).
NOTE: To program control of a VCR, PVR (or DVR),TV/VCR Combo, or TV/VCR/DVD Player Combo press DVD/VCR once. After programming a VCR Combo device, you will be able to control channel selection,volume, and VCR functions.
To program control of a DVD Player,DVD Player/VCR
Combo, or TV/DVD Player Combo, press DVD/VCR once. After programming a DVD Combo device, you will be able to control channel selection, volume, and DVD functions.
To program control of a Cable Box, Cable Box/PVR (or DVR)
Combo, Satellite Receiver, or a Satellite Receiver/PVR (or DVR)
Combo, press CBL/SAT once.
3. Press and hold SET until the LED (red light) blinks twice,
then release SET.
4. Use the Manufacturer's Codes to locate the type of device and brand name and then enter the first four-digit code for your device. If performed correctly,
the LED will blink twice.
5. Aim the remote control at the device and press POWER once. The device should turn off. If it does not, repeat steps 2 to 5, trying each code for your brand until you find one that works. If it still doesn't work, try Searching For Your Code on next page
Auto Code Scan:
1.On the remote control, press TV once.
2. Press and hold SET until the LED (red light) blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Enter 9 - 9 - 1.The LED will blink twice.
4. Aim the remote control at the TV and slowly press POWER button.Stop when the TV turns off
5. To lock in the code, press and release SET.The LED will
6. To search for the codes of your other devices, repeat steps
1 to 5, but substitute the appropriate device key for the device you are searching for.
Sep 18, 2010 | One For All URC4220 Remote Control
Sep 13, 2010 | One For All URC-3021 Remote Control
Aug 06, 2010 | One For All URC4110 Remote Control
Jul 30, 2010 | One For All URC4220 Remote Control
Sep 12, 2009 | Radio Shack (15-2147) Remote Control
May 05, 2009 | RCA Universal Remote 3 Device Remote...
Mar 14, 2009 | Sylvania 6313CB 13 in. TV/VCR Combo
Mar 07, 2015 | Insignia Digital-to-Analog Converter for...
211 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: