I uninstalled SP3 to get my wireless mouse to work. Every time i plugged the mouse in I would get a blue screen. Your suggestion was to uninstall SP3.............it worked and my mouse works just fine..... for this I thank all of you very much.... Now i keep getting update messages to update to SP3..lol.. they send warnings about security risks update management etc. etc. Do i really need SP3??? And if so, do you think my mouse problems will return..Of course they will.what is a guy to do???????
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is it not working at all or is it moving erratically across the screen? If it doesn't seem to be working at all, turn off your mouse then unplug the receiver's USB cable from the laptop for about 5-10 seconds then plug it in to another USB port. It may detect a new device, just let it do the automatic installation if it asks. You should here a 'tada' or ding sound when it is plugged in. When installation is completed or about 10 seconds after you hear the sound, turn your mouse back on.
If it still doesn't work, try shutting down your laptop completely instead of just rebooting it.
If it still doesn't work after that, make sure you have a spare USB mouse available then uninstall the software for your wireless mouse or mouse/keyboard combo then reinstall it.
you might have to uninstall the mouse then restart your computer then reinstall the mouse and its drivers make sure the battery is good (has full charge)also you might test the usb device for the mouse is inserted correctly into the usb port (if applicable) click start control panel mouse you should see 4 tabs buttons,pointers,pointer options and hardware under hardware you can troubleshoot also you can select properties under driver you will have options to update driver,rollback driver or uninstall and under hardware you can troubleshoot in xp hope this helps
The issue was resolved by uninstalling SP3. I uninstalled SP3 and the USB PCI card and rebooted. When SP2 reinstalled the device it installed the corect driver (5.1.2600.2180) and everything is now functional. Have no idea why the correct driver was not in XP SP3.
the very first thing what u have to do is uninstall and reinstall the driver for the wireless mouse and then restart the computer and still if it doesnt work try it with some other computer which has xp sp3 and it it works with the other computer have the same windows os then uninstall and reinstall the wireless driver also,and if it doesnt work with the other computer also then replace the wireless mouse.but before that always check ur wireless connection with the wireles mouse and also check the lights on the mouse..and what u can do is call up dell and tell thatm to replace it for u or for complete solution u can call up cyyberdefender.com for premium tech support.......take care ...
The mouse should be Plug and Play. Did you install the drivers before plugging the mouse's receiver in? The PC has to have the drivers first in order to take advantage of the Plug and Play capability. If you plugged the mouse's receiver in before installing the drivers, unplug the mouse receiver, uninstall the driver, reboot your PC, reinstall the driver, then plug the receiver in and you should be fine.
Otherwise, press the Connect button on the receiver first, and then the Connect button on the mouse, and that should establish the connection. You don't need to disable your touch pad in order to use the mouse.
I kind of fixed it. The problem appears to be with the USB controller - specifically, my mouse (a Razer Copperhead) and the XBOX 360 wireless receiver. A lot of work went into the solution, but I essentially ended up uninstalling and unplugging all of my USB devices (you can uninstall them using device manager in System Properties>>Hardware within Control Panel. Look for Universal Serial Bus and uninstall everything in that category). Reboot. Then, I first plugged in the device in question (my 360 receiver). Afterwards, I one by one plugged in each item until I found the one conflicting with the receiver (my mouse). After that, I uninstalled all devices again and next uninstalled the drivers for the conflicting device (my mouse in this case) and rebooted again. After this, I tried several times to uninstall and reinstall the mouse and various USB devices until finally it worked (sort of).
I call this a partial solution because now I appear to have the opposite problem. My mouse seems to be conflicting with another device (probably the 360 receiver). My mouse refresh rate is very choppy. The good news (for me) is that I can uninstall the USB controller for the mouse, reboot, and both the 360 controller and the mouse will work fine... that is until shut down. Then I have to uninstall the mouse controller and reboot again. Needless to say, I keep my computer on more than usual now.
If you have the drivers for your mouse- in safe mode, delete the mouse in device manager. You can also download the current drivers for your mouse from the manufacturer's website before you uninstall it. After you have uninstalled it, reboot your computer. If the mouse isn't found, reinstall the drivers for it, reboot and it should show up.