An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Cannot ignite central gas ring on smeg 5-ring kitchen...
I had a similar problem on a different gas range but your problem seems the same as mine was.
I examined the underside of the burner and saw a little 'flash' left from the casting process and I filed it off.
This made the problem worse;it wouldn't light at all anymore.
I tried the opposite, blocking off the burner channel from the gas feed pipe to the spark gap; problem solved.
It hasn't had a hiccough since.
I can only imagine that the flow of gas toward the spark gap was so strong, the gas was blowing itself out.
Not knowing exactly how the underside of your burner looks or how the gas is partially diverted to the spark gap but I drilled a small hole in the casting, inserted a length of copper wire (the gauge used in house wiring), then 'tuned' the flow by clipping part of the wire off and trying it.
It might have taken all of 15 minutes to correct the annoying problem.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it sounds to me that u need to reduce pressure although u say pressure is correct try reducing pressure and see what happens i presume u use bottle gas L P G?............in any case the flame shud not ever lift of burner and flame doesn't need to touch pan to cook hope this helps
This could be a problem with your spark module. its an electronic box either behind or under the cooktop. it sends the spark to the spark tip, which then ignites he gas. So in my opinion i would say it is your spark module.
I had a similar problem and discovered that the control knob had fried itself, most likely due to liquid penetration down the shaft of the control knob and into the control knob electronics. Inside is a printed circuit board with resistor, diode and a rheostat.The surface of the board was charred beyond repair. To trouble shoot the problem, open the cook top and hook the burner in question to one of the known good control knobs.If it ignites, then it is the control knob electronics.If it doesn’t, then there is something wrong with the igniter. Note: The 2-zone Wok Burner had a different control knob that the other burners. To open the cook top, do NOT loosen any of the Phillips screws on the sides.Here are the instructions from the user manual: Disassembly Shut off gas supply, disconnect the manifold pipe, disconnect the electrical power. Remove pan supports, burner heads and burner rings. Remove control knobs. In the event that the hob is built in, undo the bracket clamps underneath the work surface. Lift the hob on to the work surface. Unscrew the venturis on the high-speed and super high-speed burners using a 20 mm wrench. Lift and remove the burner rings and burner base plates. Disconnect the wires from the ignition plugs. Keep the wire from dropping into the undertray by inserting it in one of the slots in the burner supports. Remove the three screws securing the dual ring wok burner. Remove the wok burner base plate. Lift the ceramic tray from the hob. Note: Each regulator shaft is equipped with a black ring. This ring may cling to the rubber seal in the ceramic tray. Check and remove the rings from the rubber seals. To order parts, call 1-800-245-8215, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST
problem with hob is probably water ingress in area of ignition unit - will probably cure itself
oven is a completely separate unit from hob. problem with it is that you have to re-set the clock - you have it on automatic. after power outage, oven clock always has to be reset