My coffee maker was not letting water into the coffeepot from the reservoir. I took it apart and the hose with the "little ball in the plastic cage" was plugged with a tiny piece of plastic debris. I didn't remember which direction the ball part should be in the hose and which way it should be reinstalled in the base. I don't want to put it in wrong and burn up the element.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same problem and fixed it. I took the bottom off. There is two hoses there which one has a (valve)plastic thing with little ball in it. I took the hoses off and the valve out of the hoses. I then cleaned the hoses,valve and the pipe arround the burner. There was like hard white dirt in them. I put back on the hoses without the valve. Tried to make coffee and it worked but was noisy . I ran it like that for a few days and still worked but noisy. I then took hose off and put back in valve. Then tried it again. It still worked but now it is quiet. Clean parts,hoses,valve,and pipe near burner good. Worked for me. Good Luck on yours.
Mine would only very loudly pump a partial cup after about two years of use. I tried everything, including descaling. Even held my mouth different ways. I took it apart three times, the last time intending to glue all the rubber hoses. By accident I discovered a plastic "filter" in the intake line just below the water reservoir. I removed it, cleaned it out on both sides with a toothbrush, put it back in, and now it works like new. The filter is easy to get to if you take the bottom metal plate off: 5 screws for that, then two screws in the filter unit directly under the reservoir. You get to it from underneath the coffee maker. Pull the black cover back to expose the plastic hose, then pull the black filter out. It is easier to do than to describe. I have not seen this fix anywhere on the net, but I can verify that it works.
Unless the product is still under warranty, I would look for a new different brand. I have personally used a 'Mr Coffee' unit with similar features and with the exception of periodic cleaning with water/white vinegar solution, it has worked fairly well. The pot dribbles a little if not carefully poured and if the basket is not fully seated, coffee runs all over. Everyone has had a turn at dealing with poorly made/designed products that fail to meet expectations. Better luck next time!
Most likely the problem is in the water intake area. I have the same problem, I took my machine apart, removing the top revealed a plastic water chamber which leads to a connector that lets the water go into the heating chamber. The seal had become brittle, and the plastic water chamber also was degenerating where it met the heated water chamber. I replaced the rubber seal and that worked the first time, however, I think the plastic has now deteriorated to the point that I will need a new reservoir piece and a new seal. It's probably time to send in the unit for repair.
I think one repair for a 25-30 year old coffee maker sin't such a bad deal!
There's a little Thermocouple that can burn out on coffee makers, it's usually mounted by the warming plate. It's about an inch long and looks like a tiny bullet. It's a safety device and should be replaced, not jumped out. Radio shack may have them.
I also had this problem, and also took the bottom off mine and found that a hose that connected to to the water level tube had become disconnected. The only thing I would add is that in order to get the bottom off you need a Torx internal tamperproof pin (6 lobe) screwdriver to take the 5 screws out of the bottom.
I had the same problem. I read this article and was able to figure it out the probem: http://home.howstuffworks.com/coffee-maker.htm
The one way valve and the heater pipe in the bottom of the unit are extremely calcified. I opened the bottom by removing the four little "security" screws. I used a little tiny flathead screwdriver because I didn't have the proper "star security screwdriver and it worked fine. Next, I removed the two orange hoses and soaked them in white vineager.
The shorter intake hose contains the one way valve. make a note of which way you remove this hose 'cause it has to go back in in the same direction. Next I propped the unit on its side so that I could put some vineager in the heater pipe and let it soak in there. Next I blew into and sucked air out of the one way hose and then rinsed both hoses thoroughly. Then I used a little piece of a wire coat hanger to scrape out some of the junk in the heater pipe, (especially on the heat side) followed by a little pipe cleaner to get it extra clean. Then I put it all back together. Be carefull that the hoses are sealed ok. I actually cut a little off of them to get a new seal on the side that connects to the heater pipe. There wasn't much room for error though. After getting it all back together I ran a few full pots through it of 1/2 vineager 1/2 water and then a couple of just water. Probably a good time to change the water filter inside the unit too.
Also, from now on I'll make sure to use the self cleaning mode more often. Good luck. Kevin