Question about Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
I would like to perform a simple cleaning of the roller wheels. Is there any secrets to getting to the paper feed wheels or possibly an exploded pricture / diagram of taking this thing apart for cleaning?
Just try these steps:
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2011 | Canon Pixma iP2600 InkJet Photo Printer
If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1.Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.
2.Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3.Clean the Paper Feed Roller without paper.
(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.
(2) Press the Black or Color button.
The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
4.Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.
(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.
The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.
This should fix the issue
Nov 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Aug 27, 2011 | Canon Printers & Copiers
Jul 14, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Dec 25, 2010 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Feb 07, 2010 | Dell 1710 Laser Printer
Sep 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 20, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Oct 21, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
May 31, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Mar 01, 2015 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: