Hi just purchased a second hand xda trion this was originally on an 02 contract, have now switched it to pay as you go (on 02) . i cant send mms messages and there is no gprs or 3g active, 02 have told me that it is not possible to activate these services (they have given me a 3g sim card ) is this correct or is there a way around this? many thanks steve.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well you need to contact costumer care of your service provide only they can send you the GPRS and MMS settings, they send you a message of GPRS and MMS settings you just need to save that message to your phone....... So call now to your service provider costumer care and ask them for that settings........ Note. GPRS, MMS or Internet settings are always provided by the service provider....
You need to return it to an o2 store for repair. If it's not under guarantee, I'd be very wary of spending any money on it as I had exactly the same problem and my phone has been back time and again for repair and still isn't right. Could be very costly.
Then Enter the following for mms MMS Settings
Step 1. Main Menu
· Click on the button with the four dots · Settings (on right hand side)
· Phone Settings · Connectivity · Access points · Options and create a new profile with the following details...
- Connection title: Telstra MMS
- Bearer: GPRS - Authentication: No Auth - APN: telstra.mms.mnc001.mcc505.gprs
** Please note you do not need to enter any user name or passwords. Leave them blank.
Save the settings and return back to the main menu to select Messaging · Messaging settings · MMS · Multimedia msg. centre · Options and select Add new
- Connection Title: Telstra MMS - MMSC URL: http://mmsc.telstra.com:8002 - MMS Proxy: 010.001.001.180
- Connection: TCP with Proxy
- Access point: Open list and select Telstra MMS.Return to the Multimedia msg. Centre menu and activate Telstra MMS on that screen.
You will need to get the settings from your service provider (people who supply your sim) and check with them that mms and gprs is enabled on your sim. Enter the settings they give you in the connection settings screen on the phone (start -> Settings ->connections->gprs (if the phone menus are still at there default)
one set for mms and another for gprs
input the settings and set "connects to" to internet
input the settings and set "connects to" to mms
u just do one thing..restart ur phone again..& when it asks u to set up ur windows..than tap on the black spot firmly ...u just need to tap on than spot only..nthing else after that leave..it will start processing..& ur phone will be on.