Question about D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router 4-Port Switch, 802.11g, QoS (DSL-2640B)
I have a d-lInk router DSL-G624T. I can obtain wireless internet on one of my lap tops but not another . I have tried to install it on my second lap top. It can find the router, says it is connected but I cannot access the internet. When i type in http;//192.168.1.1 as asked i get the password/admin box. I type in admin for both, which the instructions say but it will not accept them. I do not have an installation disc. The lap top works perfectely at a friends house picking up their connection no problem (bt hub). I would appreciatate any advice.
second lap top will not be 'allowed' to log on.
1. check your wireless adapter TCP/IP settings if its set into "Obtain as IP address Automatically".
2. if the settings is set as Automatic and your not getting IP address then select "Use the following IP Address"
3. use IP address followed to your router address like if192.168.0.1 in router type 192.168.0.2 or192.168.0.3 just check the next address IP in your network.
4. after typing subnet IP will automatically set
5. type the router IP address as your default gateway
6. click OK to save your new settings
Hope this will help
Posted on Nov 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2010 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 Wireless Router...
Jan 11, 2010 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Sep 13, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Apr 20, 2009 | D-Link DGL-4500 Wireless Router
Apr 12, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 12, 2008 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
384 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: