Question about HP Computers & Internet
Code Error 80070005 - Access Denied message. Permissions problems.
Please make sure that you are logged in as computer administrator. If you are not sure then go to User Accounts under Control Panel, Create a new user, set the user type to Computer administrator, logoff and log in to the user account you just created. Then try your procedure again.
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2014 | Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT...
Jun 30, 2012 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 531s Desktop Computer
Jul 20, 2011 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Jun 18, 2011 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium DVD...
The error code 80070005 usually means that you do not have enough permission to install updates.
First please confirm you have logged on an account with administrative privileges.
If the issue still occurs, lets' try the following method to reset the permissions:
1. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch onto the Desktop:
2. Please go to the Desktop and double click the downloaded file.
3. Please select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.
Note: If the UAC (User Account Control) window is prompted for permission to continue, please click Continue.
4. Click Start, in the Start Search bar, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
5. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the open Notepad window:
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f
6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose Save when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the save location.
7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, and then choose "Run as administrator."
8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.
Note: It may take several minutes. Please be patient. When it is completed, you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".
Try to install the updates again.
This issue can be also caused by third-party security programs such as firewalls and anti-virus software. You can disable or remove them to check the issue.
May 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 19, 2009 | HP Compaq WF1907 Monitor
Jan 09, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Oct 06, 2016 | HP "LaserJet P2055DN Printer"
127 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!