An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: DI-524 status led not blinking
Here are the instructions
Make sure that you have a copy of the latest firmware and it has an *.exe file with it. Because the router's configuration page won't be available, you'll be needing the exe to some sort of force the firmware upgrade procedure.
Unplug everything attached to your router except the power cable and LAN cable connected to your pc.
Configure your TCP/IP with this info: IP:192.168.123.253, Default mask:255.255.255.0, Default Gateway:192.168.123.254 and DNS Server:192.168.123.254 (Use only 1 DNS server). Save this new configuration and reboot your pc.
Unplug the power cable to your router as the pc reboots. When everything is up and running, plug the power cable. The status led will be flashing like crazy. It's normal.
Use the exe file to upgrade your firmware. Make sure that the utility file (exe file) is able to recognize your router or else you won't be able to do a firmware upgrade. Now this may take a while, keep pressing the Refresh button to recognize your router. Once recognized you would see there 192.168.0.1 crash. Once you have this, you can now press the upgrade button.
Wait for a while until the unit finishes the upgrade and once done, I think you have recovered the life of your router from the pits of hell. Hahahaha.
You can now unplug the power of the router and restart your pc, see if everything is doing fine.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The status light is blinking in all dlink models, so that is normal.
The wireless radio issues have 3 possible solutions.
1. This model has a antenna that screws in the bnc socket behind it see if it's well screwed, or substitute it by another if 2 and 3 don't fix it.
2. On the advaced settings of the wireless configuration you have the ratio of radio broadcast from 25% to 100% check to see if it's on 100%, change channel to 11 if neer and 6 if far, make sure you have SSID broadcast enabled.
3. This models allow you to restart the AP unit and the router unit idependently, so it's always good pratice to restart your AP in the tools and system comands menu.
ensure that the electrical plug is intact, if you saw no led light lit at all on all indicator check the adaptor itself, if you have a tester you can try to test the end connector to see if there is a DC power line that is coming out.
if not either the adaptor is defective nor the reouter itself is burned out
If those lights are lit, they often have a "Code" this code is in the manual. Please find below a link for the manual I am sure all will be found in it.
Oh & I am sure ya can connect another WiFi'ed PC no prob's.