I had got a new cover for both of my Graco Snugride car seats. WOW I can changed everything but the camopy. How do I pull the canopy apart to put a new canopy on it? Any help pleae asap, Happy Holidays
Slide the fabric all the way to one side to expose the center clasp (hook). Then using both hands grasp the clasp like you were putting you hands on handelbar (placing your thumbs under the bottom of the clasp about 1 inch apart). Then push up with your thumbs while pulling down with your fingers (which should be wraped around the outside of the clasp). You will need to push with your thumbs all the way up in order to separate the two pieces (note - it feels like you are going to break it but you wont).
Putting them back to gether is just a matter of aligning the tabs in the slots and pressing the two parts together.
a 6ya Expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to an Expert (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
We have designed many of our car seats to work with more than one base, for your convenience. Please see the chart here for Classic Connect models.
The SnugRide Click Connect 30, 35, 35LX and 40 infant car seat carriers are compatible with any SnugRide Click Connect infant car seat base. Consumers should adhere to the height and weight requirements for the SnugRide Click Connect infant car seat carriers as stated in their owner's manual; however, the SnugRide Click Connect 40 infant car seat carrier is restricted to a height limit of 32 inches when used with a SnugRide Click Connect 30, 35 or 35LX base.
The canopies simply pull off of the carrier. You would have to replace both the plastic and the fabric. You can order replacement sets from Graco for about fifty bucks, but that's kind of expensive. I don't think you can replace just the canopy. I'd call/email them to confirm.
The two plastic pieces clip together inside the fabric of the canopy, but if you push the fabric all the way to one side, you can expose the latch where the two pieces meet. The two pieces are identical, so you can push in on the tab on either piece to separate them. You have to push firmly, but they should separate easily.
Once you've washed the canopy, just thread one of the plastic pieces through the canopy and snap the two back together by sliding them together.
Fitting your Graco Snug Ride infant seat into a Graco stroller is usually easy to do -- the exact instructions just depend on which stroller you have. Typically, all you have to do is fold the stroller's canopy back, recline the seat (if it reclines), and snap the car seat in (backwards -- facing the rear of the stroller). You can hear it lock in place when it's in correctly. Your stroller's manual will have specific instructions, and if you don't have the manual you can find it online.
If this is for the Graco Snugride (I have the Windsor model from the Quattro Travel System), this will work:
1. Push the Graco canopy to one side, exposing the plastic support bars that hold the canopy in place.
2. The center of the support is where the canopy comes apart. Using both hands, pull the canopy support bar apart (as if you were playing tug-of-war). It's best to grab the curved ends and pull HARD (and point it away to the side so that you don't hit your face).
3. Once the support bars are apart, remove the old Graco canopy and slip on the new/freshly washed canopy.
4. Secure the support bars by snapping them shut, and then slide the canopy into place.
1. Infant restraint comes with four identical canopy support parts. Thread one canopy support completely through one sewn tunnel.
2. Slide straight end of a second support into the straight end of the first support.
3. On models with four canopy supports, repeat steps one and two for the other canopy tunnel.
4. Attach canopy in the areas between the infant restraint and the handle base.
To remove canopy, reverse the steps.