Question about Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z60 Digital Camera
It is very easy to fix. Just Be Very Careful when doing the following Repair.
You will need the Following a Size 0 Screw Driver, and a Small Eye Glass Flat Head Screw driver.
1. remove the 4 Screws holding the side panels. (Make sure you do not mix these screws with the ones on step 2) as these screws are shorter.
2. Remove the 6 Screws on the bottom of the camera
3. Now carefully pull apart from the bottom up. You will see 2 more screws on the left side but do not remove them.
4. Seperate the Front faceplate carefully around the Lens assembly.
5. while keeping the Camera with the lens Facing Strate Up, remove the Two Screws on the right side of the Lens, but keep caution not to move the camera while the screws are out of place.
6. remove the Cover to the Lens Gears.
7. Now this is very important!!!!, Take the Small Eyeglass Flat head Screw Driver and Pry the Gear To the Left, not the one by the motor. you do not have to take the gear off, however just enough to allow you to Move the Lens Assembly manualy.
8. Turn the Lower half of the Lens assembly carefully until the Lens is compleatly In and lens protector flaps Shut.
9. Put the Gear back on.
10. put the Gear Cover back on and Screw the Two screws back in. Make sure they are Firmly tightened
11. Put the Front Face Plate back on by putting on the top first, then closeing the bottom.
12. make sure the side pannel with the Wrist Strap is in Correctly before screwing it in.
13. Place the Side Pannels back on and Screw them in.
14. Screw the 6 Bottom Screws back in.
Now put the Battery Back in and test it out. This should fix the error you were having. i just perfomed this on my camera 15 min before i Wrote these instructions it worked! Step 15 get back to taking great shots!
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2009 | Cameras
Feb 07, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A720 IS Digital Camera
Dec 08, 2008 | Casio EXILIM Card EX-S770 Digital Camera
Aug 03, 2008 | Fuji FinePix F20 Digital Camera
Jan 05, 2008 | Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z60 Digital Camera
Dec 21, 2007 | Nikon COOLPIX L3 Digital Camera
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!