Question about Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
So neighours can not access
1. Open a Web Browser
2. In the address bar type http://192.168.2.1
3. Click on Security in the left hand column under Wireless
4. Enter your password if any and click Submit
5. Select WPA-PSK (no server) from the Security Mode section
Note: If you have a RADIUS infrastructure, select WPA (with Radius Server)
6. Enter your Pre-shared Key
Note: You can mask your Pre-shared Key by selecting Obscure PSK
7. Click on Apply Changes
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2011 | Belkin F5D8236-4 Router
Mar 25, 2011 | Belkin (F5D7633UK4A) Wireless Router
It is usually easiest to run the install wizard, but be sure to be ready to set the items listed below. To get access, start your browser, and put 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, or other address for your unit, into the ADDRESS bar (not search box) of your internet browser. Every unit has unique access login and passwords, some are admin with no password, some are admin and admin...seek access information from the website of the manufacturer of your unit.
Things to set:
Note: Routers are intended to be set by geeks. You have to SAVE EVERY page before you leave it, or the changes will be lost. A geek knows this (apparently). The router gives no protest...just dumps your changes.
1. Login password (RECORD THIS!!). Consider taping to bottom of the router. Physical access is not the security issue.
2. Set a recognizable system ID.
3. Invoke wireless security of at least WEP.
a. Assign your own access code, 10 digit home or cell #. Consider taping this information to bottom of the router. (Physical access is usually not the security issue.)
4. Check that your router is set to broadcast its' presence.
Mar 14, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Feb 25, 2011 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Feb 05, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 05, 2011 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Sep 20, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 05, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 17, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
225 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: