Question about Mitsubishi VS-55707 TV
Put the lock on by accident
You can use theV-Chip Parent Lock to
Block or Allow programs based on the
ratings sent by the broadcast stations.
The default setting is to allow all programs.
You can block programs by the
type of program and by the categories
you want blocked. Or you can block all
programs during a specific time period.
To use the V-Chip Parent lock, you will:
• Enter a passcode
• Select theV-chip ratings and categories to block
• Select theV-chip hours to lock and unlock for television programs
• Select lock by time
Enter a Passcode
I. Press _ to display the Main Menu.
2. PressAorV to select V-Chip Parent Lock.
3. Using the number keys, enter four numbers. To
delete a character and move back one space, press
. Press _ to set the passcode and go to
theV-chip ratings menu.
4. To exit without entering a passcode, press _ to
go to the previous menu or _ to return to
If you forget your four-digit passcode, please
see Appendix 3 : Procedure for Bypassing the
After you set the lock, you will need the secret code in order to:
• view a locked program,
• view the locked TV, or
• cancel the lock.
If you forget the code, you can view the locked TV without entering the code. To do this, simply
press the buttons on your remote labeled "QV" and "9" at the same time whenever your secret
code is requested. Unlocking theTV this way is temporary.
To change or permanently cancel the lock:
I. Turn on your TV. If the TV requests your secret code, press
and_ at the same time.
2. Press _ to view the main menu.
3. Use the • o rV to select ..V..-Ch p Parent Lock and press ENTER .
4. The on-screen display will ask for your current passcode. Press
and _ at the same time.
5. The on-screen display will now ask you to enter a new code:
• To cancel the passcode permanently, press _ or _ .
• To change to a new passcode, use the number buttons to enter a
new code, then press E_R,
You must use the remote control included with this
TV. You cannot use a remote control from another
Mitsubishi component and you cannot use "Univer_
sar' remotes from other manufacturers.
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2015 | Bosch 36" Induction Cooktop with Touch...
Mar 03, 2014 | Hotpoint Ultima WF860 Front Load Washer
Nov 02, 2013 | Sansui D 27" TV275 TV
Apr 02, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jul 26, 2010 | Sony DVP-NS315 DVD Player
Apr 23, 2009 | RCA Televison & Video
Apr 05, 2009 | Sharp VC-H982U VHS VCR
217 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: