Question about Panasonic KX-T7630 Corded Phone
One of my handsets will not find the base unit.
I tried to use it one day, and it kept displaying "System Busy" message. I tried several things to get it to work to no avail. All the rest of my handsets work fine.
I have used the "Unregister All" function on the base unit, and re-registered the other handsets. This one displays "Searching for Base" until the battery dies.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Handset can't find base.
I just got a 3rd handset for the same phone system and were having the same error message,,, the at&t help line does not know what it is,.,. We returned it once and got another one because of the same problems, and were still having it.. AT & T help line said to return it again and try another one .. then he actually said to replace the whole phone system .. thats easier said than done! we paid 199 plus tax on the system and then another 81.00 for the third handset!
Posted on Jan 02, 2008
You could try to clear all the memory from the base unit and start again!!!
Instructions to clear phone (Uniden 8855).
1. Go to your base unit.
2. Put your flip phone in the cradle.
3. Press down and hold down (AT ALL TIMES) the end (find hs) button.
4. Whilst holding down this button, take the power plug out of the wall.
5. Whilst still holding down the end (find hs) button, plug the power back in.
6. When you hear a beep from the base unit system.
7. Let go of the end (find hs) button.
8. Your phone memory should be cleared now and you are ready to repeat the process of registering your base and additional handsets.
Posted on Feb 14, 2008
Thanks for the reply, I did get the solution from Panasonic support group (worked!). Here they are:
1. Unplug the AC Adaptor from the back of the main base.
2. Hold down the LOCATOR button, while plugging the AC Adaptor back.
3. Once the base indicator lights come back on, release the Locator button.
4. After less than 5 seconds, hold down the LOCATOR button again until you get a long beep.
After doing the above procedure, you may then register your handsets to the base unit by following the instructions on page 39 of the manual
Posted on Jun 13, 2008
1. Delete or listen to all voice mail messages, if necessary, to clear the IN USE/Voice Mail light indicator.
Note: Skip this step if it does not apply to your MD Series cordless telephone model.
2. Press OFF on the base station and each handset.
3. Press and hold down PAGE on the base station until the IN USE light flashes slowly, then release.
4. Press and hold down PAGE again until the IN USE light begins to flash quickly, then release PAGE.
5. Quickly and fully press and release PAGE again.
6. Please register handset displays. Press OK to begin the registration process, or press EXIT.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
SOURCE: Handset won't work
I went through this exercise with a Siemens Gigaset 8800. The solution is to DE-register the handset first. Then register it with your base. This function can likely be accessed in the handset menu. The phone you purchased is apparently still registered to the previous user's base.
Posted on Mar 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2014 | Binatone Lifestyle 1910 Twin Cordless...
May 23, 2011 | AT&T EP5962 Phone
Dec 04, 2010 | Panasonic KX-TG2770 Phone System w/...
Jun 15, 2010 | AT&T EP5962 Phone
Apr 30, 2010 | Vtech Digital Cordless Telephone VT-2568
Feb 23, 2010 | Panasonic KX-TG2357 Cordless Phone
Jun 27, 2009 | Lands Phones
Jul 09, 2008 | Lands Phones
Jan 10, 2008 | Lands Phones
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!