Question about Whirlpool MT8118XE Microwave Oven
Runs but begins making a loud noise and you can smell something burning. Have not tried to use.
often this is due to grease or food particles stuck somewhere in the
cavity of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover, what you mentioned as the white cover plate.
It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!
The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced. It provides important protection for the magnetron.
You can order parts by entering your full model number here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2016 | Maytag MMV1164WS Microwave Oven
Feb 03, 2016 | Whirlpool Accuwave Microwave Oven
Oct 15, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 24, 2011 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven
Feb 09, 2011 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
Dec 21, 2017 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Aug 17, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 06, 2008 | Whirlpool GH8155XJ Microwave Oven
Jan 14, 2008 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: