So my tv was working just fine up until yesterday morning. When I turned it off 2 days ago everything was fine. When we turned it on yesterday morning the blue convergence was completely out of sync with the rest of the tv picture. I've read a few post on here about replacing the convergence IC's. Unfortunately I am not familiar with any type of internal TV repair and was wondering how complicated of a procedure it is? It seems that the parts aren't very expensive(including the soldering kit) but having a professional come in and fix my tv is going to be around $300 which is how much I actually spent for my tv. Any feedback would be much appreciated
You need to adjust the convergence. you set up convergence 1 then 2. follow the manual. (Its easy, you just align the + signs so they make one white one (instead of three green, red, blue) sounds like something or someone bumped the tv, causing the blue lens to shift a little.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Tv have a dead convergence board.The convergence board require replacing 2 STK convergence ICS and some or all of it resistors too.To fixed the convergence board to fixed the tv picture convergence problems.U have all tools and can do soldering?Yes,tries websites like Tvrepairworld.com,Tvrepairkits.com to buy a convergence kit to repair it urself.Or the shop,will $300-350 for parts and labors.
Here is a walk through on how to set your convergence.
A quick and easy way to try and let the TV realign the convergence try this...
1) Turn on the TV and tune to a channel and let it warm up for about a half an hour to let everything settle into its normal operating mode.
2) Press the Flash Focus button on the original TV remote. A cross pattern will show on the screen and the process is complete when the cross turns white and the TV returns to the program you were watching.
3) Do not press any other buttons until this process has completed.
If this does not adjust it enough you can adjust the convergence manually as follows:
1) Press the menu button on the original TV remote.
2) Use the arrow keys on the remote to highlight setup and press + button to select.
3) Use arrow keys to select convergence and press + button to select.
4) A pattern of white crosses appears, with a yellow [ ] around one of the crosses. Aligned crosses (which do not need adjustment) look white and have little or no red or blue showing. Crosses that are not aligned show red or blue shades beyond their edges.
5) Use the arrow keys to move the [ ] to a cross that is not aligned. ***Note: start with crosses in the middle and work outward **** *** TIP: Set the alignment while about 5 feet from TV for better results ****
6) Press the + button to select the cross and the [ ] will turn red indicating it is ready to adjust the Red convergence.
7) Use the arrow keys to move the red cross on top of the white one or at least as close as you can get it.
8) Once the Red is aligned press the + key again and the [ ] will turn blue. This indicates it is now ready to adjust the blue convergence.
9) Use the arrow keys to move the blue cross on top of the white one or at least as close as you can get it.
10) Once you have aligned the blue cross press the + button again and the [ ] should turn yellow.
11) Repeat steps 5 through 10 until all the crosses are aligned. To exit back to regular programming press the menu button on the remote.
You will need to replace both convergence ICs they are STK392-110 you can get replacement ICs at the following link and they will provide free instalation instructions with pics and also free on line tech support so you can do the repair yourself. Heres the link. http://servicemanuals.vstore.ca/
This fault happens with just about any tube type projection set. The convergence IC's simply need to be replaced. They are two black, 2"X3", stand up ICs that will start with the letters STK on the surface of them and are mounted up against a large metal heatsink. If you have the soldering skills this should not be so hard for you to do, but please if you do not have the skills or experience to replace these IC's call in a pro to assist you with this repair. Good Luck