The dryer was running and I touched the back and got shocked the dryer shut off, the breaker wasn't tripped but I reset the breaker anyway and tried it again and it still won't operate. Is there a fuse or something?
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I believe you dryer is not hooked up correctly electrically. You will need to unplug it from the wall without touching it. You may need to use a wooden broom handle or some other insulating items to accomplish this. Remember, electricity cannot flow through dry rubber, paper, cardboard, or wood. If you cannot move the dryer away from the plug so you can reach it, you will need to shut off the dryer at the breaker box or fuse box before you start to unhook it. The breaker box or fuse box should be marked on the paper on the back of the door as to which 2 circuit breakers or fuses are for the dryer, but most are not. You should get someone smart to fix this before you have a fire or someone killed . Be blessed.
The first thing you need to do is turn the breaker off to the dryer , that way you don't risk shock trying to unplug it. The next step is to locate where the wire is arcing over, I would start at where the plug comes into the dryer and move on from there. Thats a very dangerous situation, be careful and good luck
Dear Sir: Please see this possibles causes: Power from the house test for blown fuse or c. breaker tripped, change or reset. Heating element test for burn or open heating element see the video Thermal fuse test for open fuse, see the video Wiring test for burn or break wires. test for continuity. God bless you
All I can figure is that your timer points are shorted at that place in it. Reason being is, the cool down turns your element off. If it turned things on, what ever it turned on would be the problem but with it turning things off, it tells me it's a bad timer. Also it's blowing the breaker at the same place in the timer. Sorry but I diagnose it as being the timer and they are not cheap.
Just in case, try this. Check you element. Make sure it's not broken. I have seen them broken and they would work until they got hot. When they got hot enough they would warp and touch the housing, blowing the breaker. What ever it is, your looking for a dead short. That is all that would be blowing a new 30 amp breaker and nothing other than the dryer operating off of that circuit
Runs but no heat? check your house breaker or fuses it takes 2 thirty amp breakers or fuses if you have breakers flip them off then back on several times. then try again still no heat you would need a volt- ohm meter to check the element, t-stats,thermal overloads etc. If you have fuses just replace them with 30 amp time delay fuses and try again.
most likely cause is the air duct is blocked with lint, some always gets past the screen and builts up in the exhaoust line. not enough air flow, the air gets hotter than normal and trips the over temperature cutout.
for most dryers
clear the fan, and exhaust ducting all the way to the wall, and the outside vent hood, of lint