We have the jennair microwave and oven below, mounted inside our cabinet. yesturday i ran the clean cycle on the oven, and then when turned the microwave on to heat up some soup, i blew a fuse. the breakers are not tripped, so we've concluded it was the fuse. do we have to pull the whole thing out to get to the fuse? The manuals don't show the location, and i read on previous blogs it's behind the control panel. there is a small square cover with two screws inside the microwave... is it behind there? do you have any literature you can share that shows an assembly blowup?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: jennair jmc8130dds fuse blown
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. It took me a while to locate the information you requested. To answer your initial question, "YES" you will have to pull the whole unit out to access the fuse. The fuse is located on the input filter assembly board inside the oven. You will need to remove the exterior case to access it. If you go to pcappliancerepair.com you can find helpful illustrations, along with part numbers. Just type in the model number you provided and look at drawing number 5. This is a list of all the internal controls. The fuse is listed as item number 4 in the illustration and mounted to the filter assembly (item 18). You can purchase these appliance fuses at any hardware store as long as they are rated the same (20 AMP). CAUTION: Please ensure you UNPLUG the unit before servcing any internal components. I hope you find this information helpful. If you need additional assistance, please let me know.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think it is time to replace the microwave oven, the fuse has blown and there are numerous reasons why, shorted power transformer, shorted filament winding in the magnetron, cracked high voltage diode with a high level short, and a shorted high voltage capacitor, not to mention issues with the keypad and microprocessor control board.
Yes.Water can only drip between the glass on the door when the door do not seal properly due to dirt on the microwave door.follow these steps given below to clean the door.
1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.
2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.
3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.
4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown.
5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.
6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.
Microwaves that suddenly loose power could have many causes with the easiest being a blown fuse inside the cabinet of the oven. To check for this unplug the unit and remove the screws that hold the cabinet in place. Be sure to not touch any of the electrical components inside to avoid shock. Visually follow the path the power cord takes as it enters the unit. The fuse ( usually clear glass with metal ends and cylindrical in shape ) should be located not far from where it enters the cabinet. Once located use a fuse puller or other means to carefully remove the fuse to check the element inside. If the fuse is blown take it to a hardware or electronics store for replacement. These fuses are cheap as this has happened to me before. Good luck!
I read your comment about needing to remove the control board to inspect it for damage. Looking at the diag. below, all you need to do is open the oven door and remove the two screws (#2 on diag.) fastening the brackets that hold the board in place and you can take it from there.
Refer to the diag. below
If it was me, I would start by turning the breakers for both ovens OFF, then, in getting someone to help me pull the oven out, disconnect the power cord and check the power circuit protection devices like the fuse #4, located above the fan and the power board #25 also located on the back of the unit. Before replacing the blown fuse, inspect the wiring, If the unit is mounted over an oven that was in the Self Cleaning Mode that reaches temps. of about 500 degrees, there is a chance that a wire's insulation melted and shorted the unit.
Hello. the installation of wall mounting bracket is not too difficult. you will need a drill, some bits, and a scrrewdriver. you will also need an electrical outlet at that spot to plug in the microwave.
Jennair makes a bracket kit for each microwave. Call any jennair dealer, have your model # handy and they will get you the bracket you need, also ask specifically for the instructions.
I just had the same problem. Our unit is about 5 years old. I was running the self-cleaning mode, and put something to heat in the microwave. It heated at first, then all power to microwave went out. I read the above description and we pulled the entire unit out, and there was a reset switch on top of the oven. Pushed it and the microwave was back in business. I would have been very upset if I had called a service man and he spent 5 minutes, just as we did, to pull it out and reset the circuit. We turned all power off prior to pulling out the unit. It seems JennAir should admit this is an innate design flaw and offer some sort of compensation or come up with a repair kit to fix this issue....
The fix for my problem was to remove the oven/microwave combo unit, and press the reset button on the back of the microwave. Oh yeah, and to write a $75 check for a 10 minute service call.
You want to try the fix for yourself? You have to remove all of the face screws holding the unit in place. There are 4 on the microwave front and 6 in the oven, 3 down each side, inside the lip where the door is. You must remove the door to get to the bottom ones. You don't have to remove the screws holding the plastic insert in place between the micro & oven, but you might want to remove the metal lip on the bottom of the oven to help prevent scratches to the cabinet. After that's done, get a helper and pull the unit most of the way out, then rotate a little to the left. That will expose the reset button on the back, right side of the microwave.