THe keyboard has gone beserk...
the up and down keys keep pressinf themselves..
also sometimes some keys just stop working...
your problem may have different causes:
1. if your keyboard is old, you may want to spend either money, on a new keyboard, or time, cleaning your keyboard as you may have some kung underneith causing the keys to stick.
2. do try another key board and see if that corrects the issue (get rid of the current problem keyboard). try the keyboard on another computer and see it works fine. if it does your problem may be with the connector on the motherboard, you may have to get usb keyboard or you may have to replaced your motherboard.
3. if your keyboard is a special new keyboard you may have to look for updated drivers for it instead of using the drivers that come with the operating system.. look into the keyboard manufacturer's website for updated drivers..
4. go to control pannel> keyboards and look into the hardware tab and look for properties, make sure the status of the device is "working properly" if not reinstall or updated drivers.
5. check your possible bios updates: if your keyboard is a ps/2 (mini 6 pin din). look for for updates for your bios on motherboard manufacturer website.
post more details of your device and issues and we'll try to help.
Oct 10, 2008 |