After opening registry editor what to do for removing avg???actually i have already uninstalled avg but while installng kasper its showing to uninstal avg first...so after opening registry editor wat i have to do further...
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
AVG Antivirus is a popular security software that is available both in free and paid versions. There can be many reasons for you to uninstall AVG Antivirus from your computer. Some of the most common reasons are:
* You want to upgrade to the latest AVG Antivirus version and you are unable to do so without uninstalling the current version. * The AVG Antivirus installation is corrupt and you want to uninstall and then reinstall it to repair the issues. * You feel the AVG is slowing down your PC and you want to opt for lighter antivirus software such as Antivirus Plus.
If you cannot uninstall AVG Antivirus using the Add or Remove Programs utility available in the Control Panel, you may use one of the following methods to uninstall AVG Antivirus from the system:
Using AVG Remover Tool
1. Open AVG Tools Download web page. 2. Here, search for and download the AVG Remover tool for the AVG software you have installed on your computer. 3. After the download is complete, use this utility to uninstall AVG Antivirus from the system.
You may be asked to restart your PC a few times during the removal process. So, it is best to use this feature when you are not doing any other work on your computer.
When you uninstall AVG Antivirus software by using the AVG Remover tool, the following related files and folders are removed from the system:
* All AVG user * Virus Vault content * User files * Registry entries * Any other information related to AVG
AVG Remover tool removes a lot of data related to AVG from your computer. During this process, the chances are quite high that some essential Windows or user file is removed. This is the reason why, you must use this method only if you cannot remove AVG using Add or Remove Programs.
you might not have uninstalled AVG .instead you could have deleted the AVG folder. AVg components are still there in the registry.if you didnt uninstall it ,install AVG once more and uninstall it manually. if its not working remove AVG components from registry here are the instrucions: To remove the AVG registry entries, open Registry Editor (Start->
Run-> Regedit). In the registry editor, navigate to the entries
Right click on these entries and then delete them. If you are not
comfortable about deleting registry entries, you can use a free
registry cleaner. If you are using a 64 bit machine, then these are the
entries to be removed.
Even though you uninstalled AVG from the computer (I'm guessing using Add/Remove Programs), there is probabky some files and possibly a quarantine folder that is still on the computer that was not removed which is making Kaspersky think that AVG is still on the computer.
They easiest and best way to remove AVG is to click on start, click run, type appwiz.cpl and press enter. Find AVG and click uninstall. If you do not have extensive experience with the registry editor I would strongly advice against trying to remove this way. That should be a last resort only and involves more steps than just using regedit.
Hi Thanks for the solution for the removal of the offending avg8 problem. I was immediately able to install the kaspersky program, after deleting the remains of the avg8 program,you guys are great, will contact you again if need be . Best regards Ian