I was recording a video whilst travelling in a bus with my LCD display opened when all of a sudden the screen started to change colour. At first it started getting dark , then after a few minutes it changed to red . I shut it OFF and after a few seconds I put it ON again . It was still red. I tried to increase the brightness but didnt succeed.I am not to sure if i have changed any settings while trying to increase the brightness. Slowly but surely it darkened and a few minutes later it blanked out. I shut it OFF and after a few seconds I put it ON again , it didnt com on. I read the manuel and i presumed that the problem could be due to condensation. I followed the solution by opening the cassette and after an hour or so I put it ON. I could see trough the View Finder and was able to record,however as soon as i opened the LCD Display every thing blanked off. Once I closed the LCD Display I was able to view through the View Finder. This problem has never occoured before. [ All remaining functions like play back , record etc. are proper.]
Please let me know what is the problem. What should i do as for now.
your prompt action will be highly appreciated.
The LCd connecting Flexible strip might be faulty.
If you can view the picture in dark way,then the back light can be the faluty part.
If they are all OK, then replace the LCD.
The connecting strip is failing fast as per our experience and this costs US$ 21.00 and it is available with us.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please clarify your problem so someone can help you.
1. Does the camera power up? It has good batteries and the Status Indicator LED lights up showing that the camera has adequate battery power?
2. Is the screen blank when playing back previously taken photos also, just during recording, or all the time?
3. Can you see the camera menu's ok but not the live view of the subject.. or is everything blank?
4. Are you quite familiar with the menu's and most aspects of this camera model and you're sure all the settings are correct?
Please provide more detail. In the meantime check the basics such as:
1. Press the display button on the back while the camera is on.
This toggles the display setting between various settings such as
Off/ On / Info. The screen may be switched off.
2, Check that the monitor brightness setting is set to medium at least
in the menu's.
3. If the problem is only affecting recording then check that
the main record settings are correct for the type of scene. For
example don't use Beach, Snow, Candle or manual with a super high shutter speed while taking regular daylight shots.
2nd example .....If you set the shutter speed really high such as 1/1000 second while using indoor lighting the shots will be very dark.
4. If the LCD display has a hardware issue you could connect the camera to a TV using the video output jack and look at it that way. Then you'll know if the built-in LCD is ok or not.
5. Having a damaged or stuck video output jack WOULD cause this problem also,, since that circuitry is designed to automatically shut off the built-in LCD display when you connect a video cord to it. So leaving a cord plugged in to the video jack would shut off the display.
When the projector displays the background image and the lcd displays the desktop as normal you can drag the open windows to the left or right and display them on the projector. it sounds like this laptop has an internal video card. If you right click on the desktop it might give you options to configure the display settings for the video card. Not sure how you will get to it if it does not show up on the right click menu. Probably through the start menu or in the control panel there should be somewhere to change the settings for the video card. This will no be under the display settings though.
But once you find your dual display options you will be able to change it to make both displays the same
You may have a problem with the image sensor device (CCD). From October 3, 2005 through October 2, 2007, Sony will repair, free of charge, affected products exhibiting the above-mentioned problem where it is caused by the image sensor device. Sony will also cover the cost of shipping and handling from and to addresses within the United States and US Territories for service to correct this issue.
To see if you have this problem:
Power On your camcorder (make sure the battery is fully charged).
Check the LCD screen and verify that the display icons are turned on. If you cannot see the icons, press the Display button until the icons are visible.
Put a tape in the camcorder.
With the lens cap off, record some video. NOTE: Be sure to speak during the recording so the video will contain your voice.
Rewind this section of the tape (using tape counter to verify start of your recording).
Play back the recorded video and use the LCD screen on the camcorder to view it. You should hear the audio you recorded and the Display icons/text will still appear.
If your camcorder is affected by this CCD issue, the picture will either be extremely distorted, or there will be no visible picture (just a blank LCD screen with the display icons still visible).