Question about Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
I've got a problem with the Game Explorer in Vista. When I click the "Games" button in the start menu, an empty window opens, and after a second closes. That would be my game explorer. I don't know what causes the problem, because the only thing I did before experiencing the problem was to uninstall a few problems from my computer. I should notice that one of these programs was the IE8Beta2 English. I uninstalled it to install the hungarian version of it.
I've already tried some solutions, but none of it worked:
1. Reseting the Folder View options-did nothing
2. Re-register the gameux.dll-everything is the same
3. Using System restore. Irestored my computer to the state before the uninstallings.-did nothing too.
So what sould I do? I really don't want to reinstall my windows.
Gábor Szomabthelyi from Budapest
1. download the Shortcut_lnk_Fix.reg file.
2. Click on Save, and save the .reg file to the Desktop.
3. Right click on the .reg file (on Desktop) and click on Merge.
4. Click on the Run button for Security Warning pop-up.
5. Click on Continue (UAC), Yes, and then OK when prompted.
6. Logoff and logon, or restart the Computer to apply the changes.
7. When done, you can delete the .reg file (on Desktop) if you like.
1. Open the Start Menu.
2. In the white line (Start Search) area, type regedit and press Enter.
3. Click the Continue button for the UAC prompt.
4. In regedit, go to: (See screenshot below)
NOTE: The first letter of lnkfile is a L.
5. In the right pane, right click on a empty area and click on New and String Value. (See screenshot above)
6. Type IsShortcut and press Enter. (See screenshot below)
7. Close regedit.
8. Logoff and logon, or restart the computer to apply the changes.
Posted on Nov 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2012 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
on Jun 25, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 14, 2011 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
Mar 05, 2011 | 2K Games World of Combat 2000
Sep 07, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Apr 04, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Nov 20, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Sep 07, 2009 | Great Battles of Rome for Windows
Dec 08, 2008 | Nintendo Pokemon Diamond for DS
Oct 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: